If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, October 10, 2022

Bits of This and That

Hello,

I'm a little late writing this today.  I've been working on this weeks lessons for our Bible Study Meeting tomorrow night.  I'm a little behind this week.  So, I need a break for a minute, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a short post.


My sister had invited me to attend a women's conference (Fall Retreat) at her church on Saturday.  We had such a nice time.  There were 3 meals served (we started at 9:30 and it ended at 8:00 but we left about 6:00) and small group sessions and 3 full group sessions.  I feel like I learned some things, had time to worship and sing, had lots of laughter, and mostly I got to meet some new friends and we just really had a good time focusing on God and how we can become more like the Proverbs 31 woman.  I took a couple pictures.  



This was our table and you can see a bit of the
t-shirt we all received.  Isn't this center
piece gorgeous?

This place is where our wedding reception was
held almost 34 years ago.  This was my husband's
home church where he grew up and then this is
where he first had a position as music minister.

Sunday, of course, was church and we had 2 really good services and below is hubby's Sunday morning sermon.  I know some of you have commented on his sermons and since this is a series, I thought I would continuing posting them.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you had a great weekend and that you are having a good day today.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. Wow, three meals served! That must have been nice. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That centerpiece is wonderful! I'd love to attend a conference like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a lovely centerpiece! Glad you had a good Saturday at the conference!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when the Lord speaks to me through a conference or a sermon. I walk away feeling so refreshed. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cute scarecrow. I have a big collection of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to spend a Saturday....quite a full day of it! How nice that you were able to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy