If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. Thursday (Oct 13) is National Train Your Brain Day. What do you do to keep your brain in tip top shape? I read, do Bible Studies, work puzzles, and be around people. Actually, I do these things because I enjoy them and not necessarily to train my brain.  But if it works, who am I to complain! Is it helping? I don't know.  I hope so.

2. You can sit with anyone in the world and 'pick their brain'...whom do you choose? Bill & Gloria Gaither Tell us why? Because they have done so much for those in the Southern Gospel Music Field and I would just love to sit and listen to them tell stories of all they have witnessed over the years while traveling  and singing with all of those other singers.  I think that would be so interesting.

3. What's something happening in the world (or your corner of it) right now that you have trouble 'wrapping your brain around'? All you have to do is turn on the news and all kinds of things are going on that should not be. It seems that everything we were taught to be good, we're now told it's bad and then everything we were taught is bad, we're now being told that is good.   I wonder why people want to believe and do the things they are.  However, Jesus told us these times would come, so why am I surprised?  No matter what others say, I choose to believe what the Bible tells me is good or bad.

4. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall in the pumpkin fan club? (1=blech, 10=make it all pumpkin all the time) Tell us something delicious you've tasted recently that had some pumpkin in it somewhere. Probably about a 5 or 6.  I haven't had any pumpkin yet this fall.  But I imagine at some point I'll have a piece of pumpkin pie and/or a pumpkin roll.  

5. Share a favorite song, book, or movie with an autumn title, setting, or vibe. Shine on Harvest Moon


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Thanks for visiting and if you'd like to link up with the Hodgepodge, click the button at the top of the post.

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. I too wonder at how blindly accepting we've become of all sorts of things we should be questioning but here we are. Thankfully God is still on His throne. I've always enjoyed the Gaithers...makes me think of my parents who played their 'albums' every Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce and I hope you have a great day too.

      Delete
  2. Crazy upside down world when it comes to schooling and politics. OYE! Great verses from proverbs. I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. I hope you're having a good one too.

      Delete
  3. Bill and Gloria Gaither are great choice! Thank you for this reminder, all that's taking place in the world right now has been foreseen and will be addressed. I'd forgotten this song, but always enjoy listening to Rosemary Clooney's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary Clooney is one of my all-time-favorites! I got to see her in concert with 4 Girls 4. Awesome show!!!

      Delete
  4. OH, I love "Shine on Harvest Moon". I think I have written about that song before, because it was a favorite of my parents. I love the Gaithers and have been a big fan of their music from the start of their public career. Yes, I would love to meet them in person...but I love watching their Homecoming programs the most. And yes, Bible Study and writing our blogs is a good way to keep our brains working. I also do the daily Wordle game. It's a good brain teaser for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do Wordle too. It really strains my brain. lol

      Delete
  5. ...I enjoy pumpkin pie and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we know all about you!! ;) About the only thing pumpkin I like is pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading your answers. I love your song choice. I too do not understand why things that were bad are considered good now. I pray so hard that change comes soon. We can't continue to live this way. I'm glad you stay busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy