Link up - Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs (2011)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets? I think so, but I really prefer not being put in the position to have to.
2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books? I have read 1 or 2 of his books, but the movies are a little too scary for me (I have seen part of Carrie and The Shining).
3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases? Cash back happens with the card we use most.
4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping? I've bought 2 gifts.
5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind? The Liberty Bell and other historical stuff.
6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year? To me it was the dressing and mashed potatoes (all the carbs! lol).
7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games? No
8) What are you thankful for this year? Every day I get up out of bed and have decent health! You know, just being on this side of the dirt is a real blessing.
9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose? Paper towels.
The link up for Saturday is at the top of this post. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.