If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 23, 2023

Bits of This and That

Good morning.  I hope you all had a good weekend.  We did another fairly quiet but really nice weekend.  I've got some pictures to show you, so I'm going to kind of let them lead me to where I go on this post.

This is my new desk.  I really love it.  I was using a folding table before which was okay, but I really love this so much more.

And now I've moved the folding table behind me and it makes a great place to store some of my supplies.


One day last week, I was finished with things and decided to watch a movie and do a little loom-knitting.

On Friday we went to lunch with his mom.  She loves Mexican food as much as I do, so we went to Chuy's again.  This would have been their 67th Anniversary.  She is such a sweetheart.

On Saturday hubby and I went to the Ford's Garage for lunch and got some groceries and then spent the evening at home.

I found out about this book from Jennifer at Overflowing the Thankfulness.I finished it this past week.  It took me a little bit to get into it, but it really was very interesting.  It's about Joy Davidman and C.S. Lewis.  I'm really glad I read it.  
 I
I read this book this past weekend.  I learned about it from Stacy, at A Mile in My Shoes and I absolutely loved this story.  This is the author's first book and her next one comes out in August and I'm really looking forward to it. 
 
On Sunday we woke up to snow.  We were not supposed to get this much and it was supposed to start later in the day.  However, these pictures below show how much snow we had when we drove in to town to go to church and it was coming down so hard.  We ended up cancelling church and driving back home. I was driving and I really don't like driving in the snow.  We slid a couple of times, but not too bad and we made it back home and had a nice Sunday, reading, watching TV, doing some cooking and shoveling snow.



This is where Lucy parked herself so she could watch the snow.

Trying to find a place to go potty

Our backyard in the snow


This is the book I started yesterday and I'm really enjoying it too.

So that's pretty much how my weekend was.  Did you get snow where you live?

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good day.

Cathy

13 comments:

  1. The last book you mentioned looks like one I would enjoy. I love seeing the snow but I don't think I could drive in it any more. We don't have snow here in Florida...yay! We like the mild temps and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter lives in Florida and seems to really love it. She is not a fan of winter either. That books is really good and I've read a bunch more from the same author.

      Delete
  2. I like your new desk and your pink drink cup. I am in So CA and we have received lots of snow in our local mountains. It takes about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get there. We have gotten more rain/snow than normal. I hope we get more because we need it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to have more snow this week, but that's okay. Now that I'm retired, I can stay home when it snows, so it doesn't really bother me any more. Hope you get the rain you need.

      Delete
  3. Snow? I wish! No, I had to be content to watch all the snowfall from the Bengals and Bills game last night. Truth be told, it's been so long since I've had to drive in it, I'd be afraid to drive with me. (LOL)
    Your new desk and workspace looks so neat. Nice to see where you sit while we're visiting/blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little room at the church so much. Driving in the snow makes me a little nervous, but it wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  4. I miss Chuy's so much! We had one here but it closed during Covid. Now I make sure to hit the one in Jacksonville whenever we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I'm sorry it closed. We love it and I'd hate for it to close. There are 2 of them less than 30 minutes away from us.

      Delete
  5. Chuys is one of my favorites, but there is not one where I live. The snow is beautiful! I do hope we get some here before spring comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too. We have more coming starting tonight and going through to Thursday.

      Delete
  6. I'm going to Ford's Garage this Thursday. It is always good!! Thanks for the book reviews! You can keep your snow!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your meal Thursday. Now that I'm retired, I don't really mind the snow too much. Because I can stay home and not drive unless I want to. Have a great day.

      Delete
  7. I like the looks of all 3 of the books you shared. Sadly, I do initially judge books by their covers!! And these covers appeal to me. :)
    The snow is beautiful. I think it is one of the most peaceful things in the world. A quiet hush you can still hear somehow. We haven't had enough snow this season, hoping for a little more before spring arrives. Love your desk. Very sleek.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy