If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Bits of This and That


Good Morning:  

It's been another good weekend for us.  On Friday, I met my sister in the late afternoon and we went to Joann's.  My sister was looking for some yarn for a project and a lot of their yarn is on sale right now.  She found some she liked and now she's ready.  I bought some yarn a couple months ago for a project I want to make, so I didn't allow myself to buy any more that day.  I come really close to being a yarn hoarder, so I'm trying to control myself until I use up some that I already have.  Anyway, a lady from my sister's church is trying to learn to crochet so she decided to start a small crocheting group.  I have always wanted to be a part of a group like this.  So when my sister invited me to join in, I jumped at the chance.  There are only 4 of us to start with.  Our first meeting is Wednesday afternoon.  I'm excited and a little nervous too.  I've met everyone involved but don't know them well.  I'm pleased to have a chance to make some new friends.  I'll let you know how it goes.
This is the yarn I'm using.

On Saturday hubby and I went to lunch at Texas Roadhouse and then I ran into a couple of stores to pick up some things we needed.  Lucy and I took a walk when we got home and then we mostly relaxed and had a nice evening at home together.

Sunday we went to church and had a good service. I'll post the video below.   On the way home, we stopped and picked up some lunch for hubby.  

I didn't get any because at 2:00 I was meeting up with some friends for lunch at a local restaurant.  These friends are all former fellow employees.  Six of us have worked together for many years and 2 of their spouses came along.  It was so fun catching up with them and we're planning to do it again.  Sometimes, I don't realize how much I miss people until I see them again.  

Also over the weekend I finished reading a novel called "Daring the Unthinkable" and started a new one called "Hooked, How Crafting Saved My Life" by Sutton Foster.  I don't know how this book is classified, but I'd call it an autobiography. I saw it when I was at Joann's and so I checked Libby and was able to get the Kindle version from the Library.  So far, I'm really enjoying this. 


Here's the pre-recorded video of Sunday's sermon.  The 4th in the series from the book of Ruth.
 


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a really great day.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. I wish I'd learned to crochet or knit. Unfortunately, the few times I tried were epic failures on account I'm left-handed. (Not to mention coordination challenged, lol). There's just something about lunching with good friends that makes my food taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your class. I like crochet better than knitting, but unfortunately I'm not good at either. And one can only make so many scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have not done much in the way of being creative in a long while. I really want to tackle my scrapbooks but it feels a bit daunting. I know I should just dive in somewhere. I crocheted a long long time ago and think I'd enjoy picking it back up. I like to have something to do while I watch TV (other than games on my phone). I should find a group. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy