If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Thankful Thursday


Things I am Thankful for (not in any particular order):

**Life - Waking up in the morning is a wonderful gift.  So many don't wake up.  I'm choosing to be grateful for every day I wake up on this side of the dirt. 😁 

**Family - I'm blessed with a wonderful husband, 2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws (well the 2nd one will be my son-in-law in July, 1 grandson, a fun and wise mother-in-law, 2 sisters and 1 brother.  I'm blessed with a great brother-in-law and a sweet sister-in-law, nephews and nieces and 1 great nephew.  Plus, tons of cousins, some aunts and uncles.  I love every one of them.

**Home - We have a nice home (built by my father) that keeps us dry and warm.

**Dog - Love my dog Lucy.  She brings me so much laughter and love and sometimes annoyance, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

**Church - I love our church and church family and I believe they love us too.  

**God - He is so good to us and loves us beyond all measure.  I pray I will always be able to see others through His eyes.  

**Bible - I love the scripture more and more.

**Child of God - "John 1-12 says "But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God."  It thrills me to know that I am a child of God.  I mean, really that is the most wonderful thing in the world.  I'm thrilled to be my mom and dad's child, but being a child of Almighty God is amazing.  We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ!!!  What could ever be better.  If you are not a child of God, but would like to be, Romans 10:9-10 tells you how.  "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.'

**Blogging Friends - I so appreciate each one of you that stop by and visit from time to time.  I love reading your blogs too.  You teach me so much and remind me to stay close to the Lord.  You share your recipes, your pictures, your words of wisdom and encouragement.  I cannot tell you how much that means to me.

I'm going to stop there for today. I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for Thankful Thursday.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


16 comments:

  1. A worthy list of thankfulness!! Faith and family (and pets)... all we really need. God is so good!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading Thursday calls for Thankfulness -- and yours is no exception! Far better to focus on this sort of thing than what they broadcast on the national news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I just don't watch the news. If I hear about something happening I look it up myself and check it out. I'm not sure if that's good, but I just can't stand the news.

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you through the Thankful Thursday link-up! Your list of gratitude is beautiful! Loved your dog's name "Lucy" - we have a chicken named Lucy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting. I think it's funny that you have a chicken named Lucy. How fun!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you stopped by Hootin' Annie's today. I got a very inspiring blog from your list of thankfulness. No truer words spoken

    You are truly blessed. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I'll be back to visit you again, I'm sure,

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your words of thanks today for everything and everyone! We are blessed to have this community of friends here in Blogland. I missed being with you all more closely while I was away on vacation. I feel like I missed so much and I can't get caught up, but little by little I am trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Just take your time catching up and don't wear yourself out. Your friends will be here. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes it is nice to just think of the simple things we always have and be thankful.

      Delete
  7. What a very special list....and such a wonderful exercise to write those gifts down every once in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It helps me remember how really blessed I am.

      Delete
  8. A great post and our God is great! Thankful we got to meet in this blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I try to remember each day to thank God for waking me up. That is lovely living in a home your father built. I certainly understand about Lucy. I miss our Skye so much. Thank you for sharing the scriptures. I appreciate knowing you and blogging with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy