If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, February 20, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Hello on this beautiful Monday.  Blue skies and beautiful clouds and it's 55 degrees outside.  And to me, this is perfect weather.  



Met my 2 sisters this morning and went to pick up some groceries and stuff and then my younger sister picked up lunch from Frisch's Big Boy before she went back home.  I then dropped my other sister off at home and I picked up a couple sandwiches at a local shop for hubby and I and I'm back at church working on this post.  This week seems to be starting out at a racer's pace.  lol

We've been having some trouble with our garage door opener for about a week and a half.  Last night we had to lower the door manually, so hubby called a company we've used before and they will be out this afternoon between 4:00-6:00 to check it out and see if it can be repaired or does it need to be replaced.  Either is fine with me as long as we can get it working soon.  We prefer entering the house through the garage because our Lucy is a runner and will take off if given half a chance.  Coming through the front door could be a problem.

Our Sunday was a really good day.  We had church and hubby preached Sermon #7 on Ruth and Unexpected Grace.  I'll post it below in case anyone has been following along.  After church we picked up some chicken for lunch and watched part 2 of a documentary on an earthquake at Mt. Everest in 2015, while we ate lunch. After that we both took a nice nap and then Lucy and I took a walk around the neighborhood.  It was so nice out but really windy.  After that we went to church for Bible Study and then home for the evening and relaxed and watched some TV and I did a little crocheting.

Not a great picture, but if you look closely
you can see Lucy laying a pile of blankets on
the recliner.

Saturday was our 34th Anniversary so we went out to lunch at Texas Roadhouse and I had an absolutely delicious Dallas Filet, baked potato and house salad.  About the best that I've had in quite awhile. I sure do love this man! Below is our wedding day and below that is a selfie at the restaurant.




On Thursday hubby and I took my sister and her husband to the hospital for a procedure he needed to have done.  The hospital is 30-40 minutes away.  We dropped then off and then we went for some lunch and then came back and sat in the parking lot waiting.  It took a 4-5 hours, but we didn't mind.  We had stuff to read and I took some crochet and we both love to people watch. On the way to lunch we passed the cemetery where my grandparents are buried.  It has been a long time since I've stopped there.  We did this day and here is a picture of their tombstone.   These are my dad's parents.



Sunday's Sermon

That's all for today.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


9 comments:

  1. Happy belated Anniversary! You look so incredibly happy in that wedding pose -- like something out of Brides Magazine. I totally hear you about the garage; in hindsight we both wish we'd have anted up more $ for a house with an attached garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy to have a garage. We did end up buying a new opener. The guy installed it yesterday afternoon and it was working great. However, this morning we're having some problems with it. The remotes for the cars won't work. We already called and he's supposed to come back out today.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely wedding picture...you were a beautiful bride and he a handsome groom! Congratulations!! Sounds like a nice weekend. Your weather sounds like it is warming up and spring is coming! We were 50 degrees this morning, but it got up to the 70's this afternoon. It's been really nice the past couple of days, but warmer weather is coming again, which I am really not ready for. I want some spring before summer gets here! LOL. I hope you can get the garage door opener fixed reasonably. I wish we had one, but we don't have a garage, so I guess we can't have one. LOL I miss having a garage and a door opener. We have to get up on the uncovered front porch and unlock the front door with a key rain or shine. I'd love to have an electronic gadget to open the front door for us automatically. I wonder if they exist? LOL. Have a blessed evening and week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words Pam. I wish you could get a door opener for your front door. You know, there's got to be one out there somewhere. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cathy :) I'm new here! And happy anniversary! I've also been married 34 years. When I read about your garage door trouble, it reminded me of a time we lived in a neighborhood and somehow, every time we left in the morning and pushed the remote to close the garage door, our neighbor's 2 doors down, their garage door would go up. So for weeks we would have to stop the car in just the right spot, continue to push the button until both doors got on the same wave and go down at the same time. We finally got it fixed, but it was pretty funny, now that I think about it :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister was just telling me about a time when she'd be in the house and hear her garage door open. She believes it was a neighbor that somehow got on the same frequency. Thankfully, it didn't last for too long before someone must have fixed it. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I hear ya on the garage door (and they are HEAVY!!).

    You two had a busy weekend, but seems quite relaxing at the same time! Happy belated anniversary.

    Yes, I see your sweet fur-baby. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  5. You have been busy. Happy Anniversary! Love the photos. So nice that you could meet with your sisters and nice of you to help out with your sister and her husbands procedure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy