If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, March 13, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning.  It's Monday and another week is over and another week is starting.  Are you ready?  I'm not totally sure I am, but ready or not, here it is.  lol

Hubby and I had another nice weekend.  Our dog enjoyed it too as we seemed to be home more this weekend than usual.  Here are a few things we did:

Lunch out together both Friday and Saturday and dinner at home each night.  Dinner at night being very eclectic.  We both just made our own and I really like doing that, him...not quite so much.  

We watched a Hallmark Mystery type movie on Saturday night and I always enjoy that.  Both Friday and Saturday, we did a little binge watching of shows we like.

I shopped a little, but just for things we needed.

We had a Starbucks on Saturday...probably the first time this year.

Saturday we took a drive after lunch to check out an eagles nest we had heard about.  We found the next, but could not see any birds.  My understanding is that there are some eggs in there, so I'm sure we'll go back to check it out every so often.

  

After that we headed towards home and I ran into a fairly new store in our town called Carli's Cookie Company.  I've heard good things and I must say they didn't disappoint.  I got an MM cookie and a Reese's Peanut Butter cookie.  Both were good.  And the little storefront is very cute.
  


On Friday I finished a book I was reading and started #2 in the series and then I finished #2  this morning and I've already downloaded #3.  I guess you could say I like them.  lol  Alana Terry is a new to me author and she evidently has several series of books over the years.  I just found out this morning that this series (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel) has 9 books.  I've been finding them on my Libby App.  This is not my typical read, because suspense or mystery books can make me a little nervous.  And these have done that, but I just put them down for a bit and then start again later.  It's working and I'm getting a little invested in the main character, so unless something changes I plan on finishing the series.  Here are the first 3 in the series, 

    

On Sunday we went to church, had some chicken for lunch and then took a nice nap and did a Bible Study lesson and read some more of book 2. Here's Sunday's pre-recorded sermon.

 


So we had a nice weekend (oh, and both vehicles have been repaired and the cost wasn't too hateful).  Hope you all had a nice weekend too.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend!
    Curious tho, do eagles leave the nest open when eggs are laid? I always thought one (either ma/pa) remain while the other finds food?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good question. I honestly don’t know the answer. I just know we couldn’t see them.

      Delete
  2. Having very different tastes, Tom and I do the majority of our eating eclectic. Last night, however, I made a tasty chicken soup that we both enjoyed. Those cookies look SO good, and I like that y'all patronize small business men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding a good series that keeps me going to the next book!! I really get invested in the characters. Those cookies look yummy!! Wishing you a blessed week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading a series for the same reason. The cookies were good for sure. Hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  4. A very lovely weekend....with a new cookie shop, too! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy