If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Beddy Bye

 

Beddy Bye

It might be nice to talk about our homes and how we like our rooms to be ordered and used.  What about the bedroom.. a place of comfort and peace.


1. How do you make up your bedroom and bed... colors? blankets? Quilts? Bedspread? Comforter? Throws? Pillow? what goes into making your bed comfy for you?   Honestly, we do not sleep in our bedroom any more.  I sleep in a recliner in our living room and hubby sleeps in his chair.  I have not been able to sleep in a bed in comfort since I had my surgery in 2016.  

2. What is in your dresser? Is it organized or messy? Right now it's rather messy.  I'm overdue to straighten it all out again.  The top drawer is where my jewelry is, 2nd is underclothes, 3rd is socks, 4th is sweats, shorts etc. and the last is a junk drawer of things I'm not quite ready to get rid of.  lol

3. What's in and on your night stand?  Do not use a night stand, but an end table since I sleep in a recliner.  At bedtime, I put my water glass, Kindle, iPad and my sleep apnea machine is on the bottom shelf and I always have a fan there also.  

4. Do you read in bed or watch TV before going to sleep?  We do not sleep with the TV on ever.  We made the decision to not have a TV in our bedroom ever when we first married.  Sometimes I read or look at social media.  Although, social media is pretty distracting and I end up staying up later than I like.  Much better if I'm not quite ready to sleep to read instead.

Thank you Annie for these questions.  If you'd like to link up, you can click here.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. I don't sleep in the bed either because of my COPD, but I do have a recliner in the bedroom that is right beside the bed, with a nightstand in between - that's where I sleep. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've considered getting rid of our bed and moving our chairs in there. It would enable us to set up our livingroom differently.

      Delete
  2. Tom has slept in a recliner for almost 5 years. Honestly, at first I thought that was embarrassing, but now I realize there's lots of folks who do so -- for the same (medical) reasons you cite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I almost didn't do this Tuesday 4 because I wasn't sure I wanted people to know. But you know it is our life and we're okay with it.

      Delete
  3. My mom sleeps in her chair too. I cleaned her room when my dad passed away, but it is dirty again. I don't think she would sleep in her bed anyway. Loved your answers! Have a nice day. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. If I were in your mom's situation I'd feel the same I think.
      Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  4. So many people like to sleep in a recliner and some of them are so darn cushy and comfortable I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is interesting about you two not sleeping in the bed anymore but I do get it. I seem to have a whole dresser that is a junk drawer. That is on my list to declutter and finally get some clothes in there. Glad the end table works for you. When we moved into this house 16 years ago we went with no TV in the bedroom. Bedroom is for sleeping. It's worked out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting to hear how many people sleep in recliners. I sometimes fall asleep in mine, but I really prefer to sleep on my side and I can't do that very comfortably in a recliner. I like the idea of putting your recliners in your bedroom where I would think it would be less distracting and cozier for sleeping...but that's just my thinking, as I haven't seen how you have it arranged in your living room. But whatever works for both of you is what is most important. Yeah, I hear you about a dresser drawer with stuff you aren't ready to get rid of yet. I have several of those. LOL. I've decided that my kids will someday have to decide what is important and what isn't...because it all has some kind of meaning to me...but it may not to them. They will have fun when the time comes. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have a feeling my girls would throw out most of it, lol

      Delete
  7. My sister can't sleep in bed anymore and sleeps in her recliner. I am blessed to have a comfy bed that works fine for me. I am glad to know I'm not the only person with a "junk" drawer in her dresser!! Yay!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone has to do what works best for them to get much needed sleep. My husband and I decided to sleep in different rooms for several reasons. We never lock our doors. We have opposite sleep schedules. He likes a tv on, I don't. We told the kids we were doing this and they said whatever works for you! I mentioned it to my doctor when we were discussing my sleep. She said she has heard that a lot from older, seasoned couples. I think you moving your chairs into the room makes sense. They all know hubby snores. Hey, I tried for 45 years. There is a loveseat recliner in his room, and we watch our tv programs there when the grandkids are in the family room. Our marriage counselor told us years ago that each married couple has to figure out what works best for them. My friend did the same because her husband has restless leg syndrome and she almost got pushed off the bed. I am glad we can laugh about things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for both of us. Hubby and I both snore, but now we are both on Cpap Machines and we don't have that problem any more. lol

      Delete
  9. I just read what I wrote, and an English teacher would make me write it again. But hey, I got it done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy