If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Share 4 Somethings - December 2023

 


Good Morning:

Today I'm linking up with Jennifer for Share 4 Somethings. We're talking about things loved, learned, read, ate and/or enjoyed this month of December, 2023.  

Loved - I've really enjoyed the decorations in our home.  I'm so glad I actually put up a tree this year.  I've also loved going out with hubby and my mother-in-law several times just viewing mostly neighborhood lights.





Learned - I've enjoyed learning more about the names of Jesus spoken of in Isaiah.  I've heard these names almost all my life, but I love coming to understand them more.  I think my favorite was Sar Shalome, Prince of Peace. If you are interested, you can look over the last months Bits of This and That posts where I've attached pre-recordings of hubby's sermons on this topic,

Read - I've read 5 books in December:  

Appointment at Christmas Bay by Diane Chase

A Castle for Christmas by Stephenia H. McGee

Cobbler Girl by Jean L. Kuhnke

Counted with the Stars by Connilyn Cossette

Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette

Enjoyed - I've enjoyed listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies and just enjoying the season.  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Cathy


14 comments:

  1. My DIL found a little ceramic tree like that last photograph! Sure brings back memories when everyone's parents had one.
    I hope y'all enjoy a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those holiday lights and decorations are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great December. Love the photos. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little ceramic tree, Cathy! My DIL has one like it -- not sure if she discovered it at an estate sale or if they're making them new all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are making them new again, but my sister found this one at an estate said and gave it to my younger sister. When she passed earlier this year, no one else wanted it, so I took it and it makes me very happy!

      Delete
  5. 5 books! Well done! I can see why you love the Christmas tree and decorations. I love that you're revelling in the festivities on all levels. Enjoy and happy new year to you. #Sharefoursoemthings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty holidays lights and decorations. And I love those Connilynn Cossette books! Hope you have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and yours!! Wishing you many blessings in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a lovely month! Happy New year!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a festive month...with such pretty decorations. I'm okay with taking down the majority of ours but we do enjoy leaving up twinkle lights here and there throughout the downstairs!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy