If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2024

Bits of This and That

 



Good morning!

We had another nice weekend!  Obviously, I forgot to take pictures, because I've got nothing on my phone.  lol  Anyway, here are a few things we did.  

*  On Friday we picked up his mom and we went to McAlister's for lunch.  Junis and I both got a cup of soup and half sandwich and hubby got a bowl of soup and a side of mac & cheese.  His mouth was still a little tender from his dental appointment on Thursday, so he only wanted something soft.  After lunch, Junis didn't want to shop because her niece wanted her to go with them in the afternoon.  Though our time was short, we had lots of good conversation while we were together.  After that, I ran into Wal-mart and picked up a couple of things and then we went home for the rest of the day.  We watched a Hallmark movie called 3 Baths, 2 Beds. 1 Ghost.  This is now one of my favorite Hallmark movies.

*  On Saturday, we slept in a bit.  We each got a big salad at Outback for our lunch and it was delicious.  Hubby got their steak salad and I got their cobb salad with chicken. Yum!  After that I ran into Kroger and we got a Starbucks drink and home we went.  That evening we watched some TV and I did some laundry, and some reading.

*  On Sunday, we went to church and had a really good service.  We stopped and picked up some Gold Star Chili and spent the afternoon at home napping and reading.  We went back for the evening service and had an interesting discussion on "When Jesus Speaks in the Midst of Your Storm.  After that we went home and relaxed in front of the TV and I did some crocheting.  Here's a pre-recorded video of Sunday's Sermon from Hebrews.


It was a simple weekend, just the way we like it.  So how was your weekend?

Cathy




4 comments:

  1. Yay for great weekends! I hope your hubby is feeling better after his dental procedure last week. It's good that he was able to recover just by eating soft things. I love that movie that you watched this weekend, it's one of my new favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those foods sound so good! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple weekends are my favorite. We were on the road, with a fair amount of driving, but we wanted to take my mother-in-law to meet the new baby on her 88th birthday. She was so happy and we all enjoyed spending time with the littles. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice day you had with family. For some reason I wasn't interested in that Hallmark movie. I'm going to have to try it now. I like how often you go out to eat. We seldom do that. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy