If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thankful Thursday

 



I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather we had yesterday and for that matter, it's gorgeous this morning too.  Yesterday, my sister and I went to the cemetery and the park to put fresh flowers out.  It was so beautiful with bright blue skies and sunshine.


I think I've posted about this before.  Larry's ashes have been spread all over the place by his friends.  And some of his friends bought this marker and put it in one of our city parks in memory of him (also some of his ashes were spread here)

This is my aunt (mom's sister) and her husband.

This is my grandparents (mom's mom and dad)

This is my sister, Karen's spot.  Her stone has not been placed yet,

And this is my mom and dad.

I sure do miss all my family, But I am so thankful for all the years I had with them and I'm also thankful to know we'll be together in heaven some day.  All of them belong to Jesus!

While we were out, my sister called our Aunt Lou, who lives in Florida with her husband (he is one of the younger brothers of my dad).  He is 90 and I'm not sure how old she is.  She told us that if they both make it to the end of the month, they will have been married for 68 years!  I'm so thankful for them as they were absolutely always so fun to be around.  I've been very blessed to have such wonderful aunts and uncles in my life.

Well, that's it for now.

Cathy


5 comments:

  1. It is nice that you can visit family in the cemetery. ((HUGS)) All my family is back in Chicago. Wow, 68 years, that is amazing. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gravesites are so beautifully tended! Are the dog and cat silhouettes a permanent part of your sister's grave? I love that hanging lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is the one that put the dog, cat and lantern there. Her stone is completed but they wait until the weather is warmer to pour the concrete for the base. I don't know if Beverly will leave the cat and dog or not. My guess is yes though.

      Delete
  3. Married 68 years....can you only imagine?? So many blessings in the memory of family and loved ones. I enjoyed the look at some of your cemetery markers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy