Good morning on this last Monday of 2024. I hope you are doing well. We are, except hubby is dealing with a rib that popped out of place and then later popped back in. The sharp pain is gone now, but he is extremely sore. He's got ice on it right now and that seems to be helping some. Prayers would be appreciated.
We've had a very quiet weekend, but it's been a good one. Mostly we've been home and I so enjoy that. On Saturday I ran out and got gas in the van and then picked up an order from Cracker Barrel in a nearby town. Their Saturday special is barbecue ribs and that's what we both got. They were delicious!! I just realized, I seem to be talking about ribs quite a bit this morning. lol
Sunday we had church and then picked up some chicken and took a long nap. I did not sleep much at all on Saturday night. Let me tell you, that is not good when you have to fight to stay awake when your hubby is preaching. But alas, I stayed awake and didn't embarrass myself snoring. lol
We watched some TV (we're done with the Christmas movies for 2024) starting back with some of our regular shows and starting to catch up some. I worked a couple of puzzles and did a bit of reading. I haven't started taking down Christmas decorations inside, although I did bring in the outside ones, except the door wreath. I'll probably start taking down the inside decorations sometime later this week. I'm in no hurry, as I love the Christmas lights so much.
I'm heading out in a few minutes to meet up with my sister to go to Meijers, Sam's Hobby Lobby, School Supply Store (to buy some stuff for the church bulletin board). Below is a picture of the Christmas boards.
So that's pretty much my weekend and now I'm off to start a new week. Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. Hope you have a great day!
Cathy

Thank you, Cathy...I really enjoy your posts. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year, friend. smiles
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too Linda.
DeleteWhat a beautiful job you did on those bulletin boards, Cathy. I, too, am in no hurry to take our Christmas tree and accessories down. Epiphany's usually my deadline, but even then I feel a little sad.
ReplyDeleteI may take some down tomorrow. But some of the stuff I may leave up a little longer.
DeleteKeeping him in my prayers. Your Cracker Barrel meal sounds yummy and the chicken you picked up. Yes, I finished the Christmas movies too and then watched all the ones I have on VUDU. I love seeing your puzzles. Nice Christmas boards. Happy New Year to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThank you Debby and Happy New Year to you and yours too!
DeleteYikes! An out-of-place rib is extremely painful. I'm glad his popped back in! You made me laugh over your talk of ribs. I am glad you're enjoying your time with the Christmas lights still up; as much as I'm ready for them to come down, I immediately miss them when they're put away again. My twinkle light tree is a great compromise! I am a big fan of string lights too, because they make so happy. I will always use them in whatever place I am in, because they bring something so special to a space. I enjoyed catching up with today, my friend. Happy New Year to you and your hubby!
ReplyDeleteHe's doing better today. Happy New Year
DeleteHappy new year, Cathy!! I always enjoy catching up with you here. I had to chuckle about staying awake during your hubby's sermon. Our pastor's wife nods off once in awhile. It just makes me smile. Have a fun week! I'll be in my PJs when the new year arrives!!
ReplyDeleteI am in u pj's as I write this and it's almost midnight
DeleteI never heard of a rib popping in and out of place before! That does sound painful! Wow! I chuckled about you not wanting to doze off during your hubby's sermon! I remember when our youngest son used to stretch out on the front pew and sleep with his head in my lap and he sometimes snored. It was embarrassing, but sometimes it was better for him to be asleep than up and fidgeting all through the sermon! LOL. Yes, preacher's wives and preacher's kids have to watch what they do, because everyone else is definitely watching them! LOL. I love your bulletin boards! Very nicely done! I wish we had a Cracker Barrel closer to us. We have to travel an hour to get to one. We received a nice gift card for one for Christmas, so we will have to plan a "date" to go. I didn't know they had ribs! It's been a while since I've been there! I am in no hurry to take down our tree and decorations. But I may start on it this weekend. We will see how I feel then. There's no rush. I love the lights too! happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
DeleteHope y'all get some rest, keep enjoying those lights and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
DeleteYour Christmas bulletin boards are so sweet. I just love snow and snowflakes. So delicate and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteChuckled when you said you were talking a lot about ribs. Said a little prayer for your hubs improved comfort. PC has been eating McRib every chance he can get. I don't get it. Not a big fan. But I do like making my own ribs. Mmmmm. Good eating.
Isn't being home the best? We have had a relatively quiet 3-4 days and I have been in heaven. Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy 2025.
Thank you for your prayers. My hubby loves the McRib sandwich too.
Delete