If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's one thing you want to get done before the calendar flips to a new year? Finish reading the 2 books I'm currently reading.  I'm sure there are many other things, but that's what popped into my head first.

2. What's something that brought a smile to your face this year? Our oldest daughter coming home for a visit this past summer.  

3. What do you like on a cracker? Chicken Salad or Cheese Ball or peanut butter.    Do you have a favorite cracker variety? Wheat Thins, Club Cracker, Chicken in a Biskit, Saltines with soup, etc.  But mostly I eat Wheat Thins  

4. Do you have plans for ringing in the new year in a fun or special way? No plans yet, except to be with hubby.  Are you typically awake at midnight on the last day of the year? Yes, now I may have to wake up first in order to be awake at midnight. lol

5. What are three words that describe your 2024? We have survived!  I know that's probably not what you meant, Joyce, but...

6. Insert your own random thought here. "Jesus did not promise to change the circumstances around us. He promised great peace and pure joy to those who would learn to believe that God actually controls all things." ~ Corrie Ten Boom

Thanks for visiting.  Click on the Hodgepodge button at the top of the page to link up with others answering these questions.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. No plans to go out on New Years Eve, to many drunks out on the road. Nothing worse than a drunk with a gun who is salty about how bad their year went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love a good old fashioned saltine cracker. Especially with a bowl of soup or if I'm not feeling well. Corrie ten Boom is one of my heroes. Merry Christmas to you and your hubs Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce and Merry Christmas to you and you hubby!

      Delete
  3. I also have several books I want to get read before the calendar flips.

    I was disappointed that Goodreads did 2024 recap already. Um ... hold off! I'm not done reading yet!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I'm not done yet either. I didn't know they had already done the recap. Oh well, I still want to finish them.

      Delete
  4. I love your quote at the end! That is so true. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you finish your books. How lovely that she visited. The things you but on your crackers sounds yummy. We do the same thing on New Year's Eve. Love your answer for #6. Have a very Merry Christmas. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot about Wheat Thins ... a staple in my mother's kitchen, and so small I didn't feel guilty for eating more! Love your random thought. Reading Corrie Ten Boom's story is on my short list of books yet to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read one of her books many years ago. Her story is amazing. But oh the horrible things she had to bear!

      Delete
  7. I love your quote from Corrie Ten Boom at the end. She certainly was a sage of godly wisdom. Your crackers sound pretty good too! We will probably be sleeping at midnight on New Year's, unless the fireworks nearby wake us up. It's been a while since we tried to stay up and watch the new year in. I can barely make it past 10:00 as it is! Hope you have a blessed rest of your week and days leading up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too Pam! Enjoy singing your cantata!

      Delete
  8. Amen to your #6! Chicken salad is good with crackers!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I had it for supper yesterday and will probably have it for lunch today!

      Delete
  9. Chicken salad sounds great on crackers. Corrie Ten Boon is buried very close to my parents and grandparents. It will be where I am buried too. I re-read her book this summer. I am reading the Christine Caine and Lisa Harper Advent book right now. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I don't know where she's buried. I read one of her books a long time again, but I think I'm about ready to read it again. Hope you have a wonderful day Susan!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.