If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2025

Thankful Thursday


 Things I am thankful for in no particular order:

* The beginning of a new year which seems like a good time for a fresh start.  I know God's mercies are new every morning and we can always start fresh any time, but the new year just seems like a perfect time to make sure all is good between me and the Lord and to remind myself how much He loves me and all that He does for me.  

Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

*   Bible reading for 2025 - My plan is to read the complete Bible in chronological order.  I think it's been about 2-3 years since I've read the whole Bible through.  I really want to do that this year and I love to read it chronologically.  So we'll see how it goes.  How are you reading the Bible this year?

*  Hubby preached a really good sermon Sunday he entitled, "A Place Called Wit's End."  Here's a pre-recorded version of that sermon. I am so thankful for the truth He teaches us each week.

*  Cousins.  I love my family and I hope us cousins in this picture and the others we have in this area will be able to get together a little more often in 2025.



I plan on being intentionally thankful and to continue with these Thankful Thursday posts for 2025.  I want to always remember to be thankful for all the Lord has done for me like the song below says,

Count Your Many Blessings

1. When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
(Refrain)

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, ev'ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
(Refrain)

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings, money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
(Refrain)

4. So, amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
(Refrain)

Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.


That's all I'll list for today. So what are you thankful for? I would love to know.


Cathy

18 comments:

  1. First and foremost, I'm grateful to have been on God's wake-up list today.
    Now I'm humming, "Great is thy Faithfulness". Love it! I'm not familiar with "Count Your Blessings" (song) but will see if I can't find it on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to be on that wake-up list.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cathy! A weekly post filled with gratitude is always a good idea!! Love that photo of you and your cousins...hope you can all continue to enjoy getting together! I hope that you and your family had a nice new year. Here's to seeing all God will do for us and through us in the new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being with family and I'm so glad we were able to do it as one of the cousins and her husband were visiting from Ohio.

      Delete
  3. Family gatherings are so wonderful, I hope you and your cousins continue to come together throughout the year. I love the words of that hymn, Count your blessings, name them one by one;
    Count your blessings, see what God hath done; - Let's do it everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too. I found an old notebook that I'm planning to use to write something each day that I'm thankful for. Someone mentioned that's what they do and I think it's a great idea. I did it a long time ago, but for some reason stopped.

      Delete
  4. I am thankful for a lazy 2 weeks off work! Count Your Blessings is such a great hymn reminder to do this each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great thing to be thankful for. I'm happy for you that you got that time off.

      Delete
  5. That's great that you are going to read the Bible. I need to do that. That is wonderful meeting with your cousins. It seems like we all moved to different places and we don't live in Chicago anymore. Those are lovely words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cousins are just the best!! How nice that you can get together with yours! A nice list of thankfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gratitude list! Family, friends, and great sermons are always something I am thankful for as well. I hope you enjoyed your day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubs and I are reading through the Bible together this year. Doing the Bible Recap which I love and it's a chronological read. The verses in Lamentations 3 are my favorite in all the Bible. Have a nice weekend Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I hope you and your husband enjoy that Bible plan. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  9. I think my earlier comment disappeared, but I wanted to tell you (that) I Googled "Count Your Many Blessings." Listened to a couple artists but Guy Penrod's version was my favorite. Thank you for introducing me to this hymn!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.