1. When I look at the sky I feel amazed. I think about how amazing God is. Some days he just totally outdoes Himself. When I look at a night starlit sky I ofter wonder how can anyone not believe in God. Below are a few pictures I took last year on vacation in Myrtle Beach. The sky and also the beach always make me thing of God!
2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this? President of the USA. No, I actually do not have any desire to do this. I have no interest in running for any political office. But since you said, if you "had" to run...I figured I might as well go to the highest office. lol
3. What scent makes you think of home?
I have to say I've never thought about this before. But maybe vanilla. That is always my favorite scent in candles, etc.
4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection?
I think about getting our house paid off (3 years) and retiring. But I try not to worry about it too much and just live day by day.
5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream?
Chocolate cake and then had hot chocolate and whip cream. In other words, hot-fudge cake. Kinda like this.
|This pic is from the internet and it appears to be from Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant|
6. What might your autobiography be called?
Wow! Tough question. The only thing that comes to mind is "Loved by God!" Of course, we could all say that.
7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?
Maybe a skateboard? I never could learn how to ride one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubby and I are shopping for a vehicle. We're looking for a 2011-2012 Chrysler Town and Country. Kerri's hoping we find one soon, so she can have our old van. Kelli is looking for her first car. She definitely needs one before she moves to Florida. Definitely car shopping time for this family.
Oh my! That picture of the hot fudge cake makes me drool!!!ReplyDelete
I really like the Town and Country vans, and would like to have one of my own. We'll be car shopping one of these days, but have decided to put it off a while longer. Good luck with your car shopping!
Love your sky pictures. Good luck finding your car.ReplyDelete
Beautiful photos of the sky. And our answers to the sky question were similar. My brother always says, "God's showing off tonight." :)ReplyDelete
Good luck with your car shopping! My son would be happy to be of assistance if you find your way to Indiana for your shopping. Ha!
I so enjoyed your Hodgepodge, especially #1. Have a happy Wednesday, and hope you find just the right car.ReplyDelete
I would have never thought of a skateboard in a million years. In fact, now that you mentioned it, I probably wouldn't even try to get on one. lolReplyDelete
Your sky photos are outstanding!! I don't envy you having to shop for a new vehicle....they're so expensive these days and no one can fix 'em like changing spark plugs any more without a computer genius of a mechanic. Not like the old days where you could change oil/spark plugs etc. LOL
Oh my, I believe I'm drooling at that Hot Fudge Cake with ice cream! Yum! Good luck on the car shopping (I do NOT enjoy car shopping).ReplyDelete
Enjoyed this as always! I couldn't agree more with number 1. The sky's are FULL of His handiwork. How could one not believe? LOVE hot fudge cake (or brownie) but alas, they are a thing of my past, lol. Good luck on the car shopping!ReplyDelete
I don't enjoy car shopping. I always tell my hubs to go buy what he thinks is best and I'm sure I'll like it. I end up going along for the shopping because he wants me there, but not my favorite way to spend the hours : ) Gorgeous photos!ReplyDelete
That dessert looks fabulously decadentReplyDelete
Oh my! The picture of cake and ice cream is making me hungry!ReplyDelete
Oh mercy... I didn't even think of that ice cream goodie... hmmm....ReplyDelete
Good luck on the car hunt. It took me 6 months to find a car. But I'm (insert, husband) very picky!!!
Amazed....great word! I will share the President position with you. Way to go on getting the house paid off. We were not really thinking about retirement 8 years ago when we purchased our new home with came with a very large mortgage and then of course the market crashed and the $250,000 we put down is now history. Skateboard, interesting answer and I never learned to ride one either. Best of luck finding the car.ReplyDelete
Wow. Three years to pay off your house?! That's terrific! I'm happy for you!ReplyDelete
Love your sky photos; they're amazing.
Loved your #2. LOL I remember chocolate cake like that! I think we got it at Shoney's WAY back in the day. I like the smell of vanilla also.ReplyDelete
I say a lot of the time looking up to the night sky, wow Lord you really have outdone yourself tonight! Your pics show that so well. UGH car shopping, not a fan! lol...ReplyDelete
I think the title to your book would be great! Those Town and Country vans are nice. A friend of mine was thinking about getting one too. Your photos are beautiful.ReplyDelete