If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. What keeps you blogging?
The friends I've "met".  I don't want to lose track of you all.  Plus I enjoy having a record of some of the stuff in my life to look back at and I hope my girls will enjoy it some day.

2. Some people like to travel in the winter months. Do you enjoy the beach in winter? According to Southern Living the best U.S. beach towns to visit this winter are-

St Simons Island (Georgia), Hilton Head (South Carolina), Bald Head Island (North Carolina), Seaside (Florida), Bay St. Louis (Mississippi), Cape San Blas (Florida), South Padre Island (Texas), Folly Beach (South Carolina), Chincoteague (Virginia), Duck Key (Florida), Nags Head (North Carolina), and Fairhope (Alabama)

Have you been to any of the towns listed (in any season)? Which on the list appeals to you most this winter?
I've been to St. Simons Island many, many years ago, but it was in the summer.  I'd prefer to go to Myrtle Beach (we go in November and love it) because I know the area and love it so much in the off-seasons).

3. What's a song you're embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be?
I can't think of one right now.  

4. When you were a kid what's something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you're an adult you realize it's not all that fantastic?
The freedom to do what I want when I want and to spend what I want when I want.  Nope, that's not the way real life is.  You gotta pay the bills and same for the future and you gotta work, so there you go.  But that being said, I'm very happy with our life and there's not much I would change.

5. Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.



6. Insert your own random thought here.
This little sweetie has a cold.  Doesn't he look pitiful.  This was on Monday.  He was laughing and playing some, but get coming up and snuggling with his mommy because he just isn't feeling the best.Hoping he's feeling better today.


Hope you all have a great day and thanks for visiting me.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Your inspirational quote is perfect. So sorry to hear that your little grandson is not feeling well. There's so much stuff going around. I hope he's well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, your grandson looks so pitiful. :(
    When I don't visit blogs for a while, I feel like such a horrible friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the little cutie pie is feeling better! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quote is perfect. Mine for the year is also from Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your grandson is feeling better. There is so much sickness going around this winter, it feels like more than in past winters but maybe that's my imagination. We're having a snow day here, not a lot of snow but enough to keep everyone home. I love it! And it won't last which is part of its charm. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy keeping up with blogging friends I've made, too. When somebody disappears from cyberspace, I wonder about them, and if something happened to them.
    Your quote is perfect, and I love that one!
    I hope your sweet little fellow feels better, soon.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so much sickness, young, old and inbetween. Hubby has the flu and has about driven us both crazy coughing. He's finally better but it was rough. I've been diffusing On Guard and taking the tablets to try and avoid getting it myself. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Colton is not feeling well. I hope he's better soon! My answer to #4 was about the same and NO, it does not work that way at all. What a disappointment. :) The blogging friends have been the best surprise and reward of blogging for me. I'm so grateful for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With wanting your girls to have your blog to look back on, have you ever thought of getting one of those books made that gathers up a year's worth of posts or highlights?

    I hope Colton feels better quickly. Our Colton was recently sick, too, but seems to be getting better. Unfortunately, while he was sick he slipped into that phase when no one but Mommy will do and every time he's with us he has to get used to us and warm up all over again. Since he's over a year old now, I was kind of hoping we'd missed that stage. Oh well, he will grow out of it all too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, I wouldn't want to lose the connections either. I love your Bible verse. I imagine Colton is feeling better by now. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy