If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Click here to join in with Rebecca Jo at Knit by God's Hand.


Things I am thankful for this week:

**On Monday morning I had my Dexa Scan which is a bone density test.  I have to have them every 2 years since cancer.  I think it's because the medication I have to take can cause problems with your bones.  Anyway, I got a message from the Doctor on Tuesday that my bone strength looks good.  I so love getting good news like that.

**As I said the other day, this week is National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week and since I still assist in Dispatch from time to time, I get included in the celebration.  One of the girls made cups for all of us.  I got a Yeti and I love it.


**On Tuesday, the Warren County Chiefs of Police Association provided box lunches for all of us.  The food was excellent and I so appreciate their thoughtfulness.

**We had another excellent ladies Bible Study gathering.  We are a very small group now, but it is good we can be together again.  This little sliver of the moon was so beautiful as we were leaving church after our study.  I couldn't resist getting a picture.




So what are you thankful for this week?  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy




 


12 comments:

  1. Hurrah for good medical news! I'm glad all reports in that department continue to be good for you. That's a sharp looking cup. I'm sure you will get lots of use out of it. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy. In fact, I'm using that cup right now! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Nice! So glad your bone density test went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in a bone density scan - I think my bones are probably mush - I've never been a fan of milk - & my bones always break so easily - I think I could have issues in the future - Yikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm supposed to take Calcium D, but I stopped a couple months ago and now trying to get back to taking it just so I can stay healthy.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful picture of the moon in a lovely night sky! Wow! I get a bone scan every two years, too, but not because of any medication. They just say women of a certain age (clearing throat) should have one. I think I will hear soon that it is time to make an appointment. Glad you got good news from yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. Yes, it may be more the age for me too, but the medicine I have to take since cancer can also cause problems too. My mom had brittle bones and my sister has some issues too, so I'm glad my oncologist makes me do this every two years.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blessings.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news from your doctor! I've been noticing that sliver of a moon this week too. It's really been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy