If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 

Click here to link up.

I'm very thankful for the Bible Study we had on Tuesday evening.  It was about Joseph while he was in prison after Potiphar's wife lied on him.  We were reminded that God was with Joseph through all of that time (when he was sold in slavery twice and then thrown in prison).  God didn't remove him from those things, but He was with him and He was kind to him.  He let all that Joseph did prosper.  We were challenged to look for the times in our life that we see God's kindness.  I think that kind of goes along with these Thankful Thursday posts and looking for things to be thankful for.

Then on Wednesday I was listening to a sermon by Priscilla Shirer from several years ago and she was talking about the children of Israel at the Red Sea and how Moses told them to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.  She said there are four things Moses told them to do.

1.  Do not be afraid.  

2.  Stand still. (let God take control and do what He will do.)

3.  Be watchful.  (see the salvation of the Lord)

4.  Be silent. (The Lord will fight for you)

If we are not afraid and we stand still and watch and be silent, we too will see the moving of God in our lives. 

So I am very thankful for the access we have to the truths of God through the Bible and through those who lead these studies.

So what are you thankful for?

10 comments:

  1. all 4 of those things are what's so hard for me every single day - what I have to work on. ALways a repeat in the bible of 4 simple things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me too and I guess that's kind of why I posted them here, so I can go back and be reminded often and maybe it'll become more natural in time.

      Delete
  2. A good lesson, for sure! I work on that constantly and wonder if I will ever conquer being quiet (my word for this year).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lessons! Our Bible study lesson this week was on Isaiah 30 and about being quiet before the Lord. Very similar vein...you know, I've noticed that when God has something He wants His people to get, you notice that everyone starts studying it and talking about it. Maybe this is the thing He wants us to do right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are exactly right Stacy. Seems I've been seeing things along this line for quite awhile now.

      Delete
  4. Excellent lessons from God's Word. Yes, when we stand still and wait on God, we will see HIs mighty Hand at work in our lives. Sometimes we don't think God is doing anything in our lives because we just aren't standing still and paying attention to all of the "signs" all around us. When we take a step back and really look with God's eyes...we see how kind He has been to us and it really makes us stop and just say Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!! Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy