If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's something you would say 'runs in your family'?  Love for the Church of God.  On both my mom and dad's side of the family I am at least 3rd generation Church of God and hubby is also 3rd generation at least on both sides of his family.  Also, music.  Hubby and I both come from singing families.

2. A book, song, tv show, or movie you love that is centered around family. The Sound of Music

3. Family matters, family ties, family tree, family man, family fortune, black sheep of the family, family values, one big happy family...choose a 'family phrase' that applies to your life currently and explain. Family Matters - It seems in the last couple of years, we have lost so many family members.  I have one uncle and aunt left on my dad's family and my last uncle on my mom's side past last month.  It seems funerals are about he only time we get together now.  I keep thinking our family is getting so small and then I remember no, the older generation is mostly gone, but there are many, many grands, great-grands and even great-great grands.  So the family is just as big or bigger, but it's just different.  I love my family and am so thankful for everyone of them.  What a legacy we have and so do the next generations.

4. Last thing you fixed for a big family dinner? If you're not the cook, last thing you were served at a big family dinner? I'm definitely not the cook, but chicken and dumplings are my favorite family get-together-food.

5. What are three words you would use to describe your family. Happy, Loud, Loving

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I hope you are choosing to be happy today.  

Cathy

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE chicken and dumplings! The best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound of Music is one of my top 5 movie favorites! Christopher Plummer, swoon-worthy, lol. That's neat you and your hubby were both raised in the same religion. My parents were greatly disappointed when I married out of my (Lutheran) faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that we were too. Especially since he’s a Pastor.

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful about both sides of the family being loving the Church of God. ((Hugs)) Sorry you have lost so many family members. Love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful about both sides of the family. Neither of our families are and its so sad...so sorry for losses...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot about The Sound of Music-my favorite for sure! A godly legacy is a gift. The older I get the more grateful I am to my parents for that. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have such happy memories from going to Sunday School! My aunt who is 81 was telling me about going to church with my grandpa at the Methodist church. You are right, sad that we only see extended family at funerals. Enjoy the rest of the week Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby and my family are singers, too. The church family has always been important, too. Chicken and dumplings, yum! Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your #6 and would love to try your chicken & dumplings!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made them but I have helped my sister make them. Hers are as good as my mom's were.

      Delete
  9. Love sound of music and chicken and dumplings sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't remember the last time I ate chicken and dumplings. My granny used to make them and they were so good!! I love the Sound of Music but didn't think about it when I was answering the questions! Our family is not a singing family - either side! We even sound horrible when we sing happy birthday and end up laughing together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma made them for family dinners and then mom took over doing them and my sister does them now!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy