If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tuesday 4

 

Kitchen Dreams

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo!

This week's questions were provided by Pamela Steiner who has the Closed Doors Open Windows blog.


1.  They say the kitchen is the heart of the home...tell us about YOUR kitchen. What is your favorite part of your kitchen?  Our kitchen has lots of cabinets and it's kind of long and narrow.  It is open on one end into the "dining room" but really for us it's a continuation of the kitchen and it's where our table is.  My favorite thing in my kitchen is that there is a window looking into our back yard over the sink.  So when I wash dishes I can see out there.
 
2. If money were no object, what would be your "dream kitchen"?  I would like a more square kitchen where I could have a big island in the middle and lots of room for people to be in there with me.
 
3.  Tell us about a favorite memory from your kitchen, or from a kitchen in your past, perhaps your mother's kitchen or your grandma's kitchen? All the get-togethers mom and dad had in their home and they always seemed to center around the kitchen.  Everyone loved to come to mom and dad's house because they made everyone right at home.  Mom was always willing to put people to work in the kitchen if they so desired.  
Dad and Mom serving themselves in their last kitchen

Mom and all her brothers and sisters enjoying each other
 just outside her last kitchen which was very small

Mom at one of our get-togethers.

 4.  If you could invite anyone in the world (either past or present) to come visit with you in your kitchen, who would it be, and why?  Mom and Dad because I miss them.  But I really would never want them to have to come back to his world.  I'd much rather go to them when it's time (but not too soon, because I hope to see my grandson grow up.
 

Thanks for visiting.  Why not link up here and tell us about your kitchen.

Cathy

24 comments:

  1. Sweet memories, Cathy! This makes me wish I'd taken more photographs.
    I couldn't agree more with your response to #4. It would break my parent's hearts to see what's happening in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the pictures of your Mom, Dad and family in the kitchen. I think you are spot on with your 4th question answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers and seeing your photos, Cathy. It seems the memories we all cherish are of family all being together. Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures and memories of family and home and your parents. I agree with #4, we wouldn't want them to come back to this world now, but still, just the idea of being together around the table again and hearing their stories and laughter...well, I know I'd love that too. Yes, we will be doing a lot of celebrating in heaven some day. Thank you for playing along. I enjoyed your answers so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam and thank you for the questions.

      Delete
  5. I hava a window too which I love. I am with you Mom , Dad qnd Grandma cooking in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful memories, Cathy. Your mom looks a lot like mine, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet memories!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my family, the kitchen was always the 'hub' for whatever was happening. I love those memories that we all seem to have about our families in the kitchen. Always the heart of my home! Fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun to read! I joined in on the link up as a bonus post. I love your memories! I fully agree that the kitchen really is the heart of the home. It's one of my favorite rooms. I hope you had a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I really did. Bible Study with the ladies was great last night.

      Delete
  10. Hi Cathy, I miss my parents too! You made think of the times my mom was in the kitchen and cooking some of her favorite things. Someday we will see our parents again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. i recently lost my dad and we always talked about food. I was looking forward to him seeing our new kitchen, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed reading your answers and I love the photos you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy