If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Thankful Thursday


 Click above to link up with Rebecca Jo at Knit by God's Hand for Thankful Thursday 

Today I am so thankful that I do not have to go out in the nasty weather we are having.  Since I'm retired now there is no need for hubby (he got ahead on the stuff he needs this weekend and anything else he can do here at home) or I either one to be out.  We woke up around 7:00-7:30 and I took the dog out and then did my morning Bible reading.  Then I made us some frozen waffles (something we seldom have in our home since the girls are grown) and then I got the ingredients together for supper as we're going to make a chicken broccoli casserole.  And now, I have a pot of 3 ingredient potato soup simmering on the stove.  This is a recipe that is WW friendly and I used to make it all the time and I CAN'T WAIT for lunch.  The soup is made with frozen O'Brien Hashbrowns, Chicken Broth and a packet of Peppered Gravy.  Just mix in a pot and bring to a boil and then let it simmer so it will thicken up.  I always say I don't like to cook, but I must say cooking this stuff today is making me very happy and thankful.
Here it is pre-boil.  I just love all the colors from the peppers from the Potato O'Brien.

I'm also very thankful to have a nice warm home and a safe place to be in this weather.  It is not very nice outside at all.  Lots of sleet coming down.  But we are snug and warm inside.  We're also praying that there will not be so much ice that electric lines start breaking.  I know it could get pretty cold very quickly if that happens.  But we've got chargers for our electronics and lots of warm blankets and clothes, so we should be okay.  We also have plenty of things we can eat that wouldn't have to be cooked.  But I'm trusting that we won't need all that.  But either way, I still know that God is good and will be with us.

I'm thankful that I'm getting a new laptop and it's supposed to be delivered today depending on the weather conditions.  I'll be able to use it here at home and also at the church.  

I'm thankful for a really good Bible study lesson last night at church.  Hubby talked about Gideon and his fleece.  I love that story.

I'm also thankful for all of you.  

So what are you thankful for today.  I hope you are warm and safe inside wherever you are.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy



11 comments:

  1. Your potato soup sounds (and looks) wonderful! I put on a slow-cooker chicken soup yesterday and we've been taking turns visiting the kitchen with our spoons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that sounds delicious too. I so love good soup in the winter.

      Delete
  2. So much to be thankful for. Your meals sound delicious. I hope you enjoy your new laptop. It is nice when you don't have to leave the house on a bad weather day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup was delicious and it was wonderful staying home. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to be able to stay indoors and stay warm and cozy and safe during a winter storm. And that potato soup sounds and looks wonderful! I bet it smells really good too! I am thankful that we are having some warmer weather right now than we did last weekend. And I had a good Dr. appt. today for my shoulder and got a shot of steroids in it, which I HOPE will help it to heal so I can continue with my PT and get my frozen shoulder moving again. God is good. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup was good. Hope the shot works for you. Take care my friend.

      Delete
  4. Your soup looks good! It reminded me of a soup my mom made that was just cubed, cooked potatoes, onions for season, tomato sauce and seasoning. It was so good on a cold day. Stay safe and warm.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks delicious! Stay warm and stay safe inside!! It was 82 degrees here today! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can be thankful for soup every day. We ate a whole lot of it...my husband calls it soup diet. We just finished off a potato soup yesterday. Going to try this recipe. Sounds delicious and figure friendly.

    I have a fairly new laptop, too. The monitor on my old one was blinking. About drove me crazy trying to type on it. Enjoy your new one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy