If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tuesday 4

 Meals Past and Present



 Hey!   Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and if you are new we are so happy to have you join in.  The more the merrier.    Our goal is to help you blog, meet new friends and learn about other people and their interests and thoughts!  Click here to link up

This week let's talk about food and menus past and present....

1. What was your favorite meal as a child? Fried chicken and mashed potatoes made by mom As a teen? Buddie Boy and Onion Rings from Frisch's. As a young adult Chicken and Dumplings made by mom or grandma and what is it be now? A good steak and potato and salad.

2. What did Mom make for breakfast? Most days I remember eating cereal but sometimes on Sunday dad made pancakes for everyone Lunch? I loved balogna sandwich and chips best.   Dinner? Most anything mom made was delicious.  She and dad both were great cooks.  Do you recall the menus? Not really.

3. How was dinner time as a young newly wed? Plain.. fancy? I've never been a great cook because I worked and just really never enjoyed cooking that much.  Set the table of just catch as catch can? When the kids were young we always ate at the table together and as often as not, hubby cooked because he got home before me.  If you aren't married, how was dinner living on your own?  Do you invite people over or to go out to eat? I prefer going out to eat.  

4. Is it important for family to eat together at the table in the evening or for breakfast? See #3. Why do you think so or not?  I think it's important to have this time together to learn about each others' day.

Thanks for coming by and joining in.  You help make this more fun for everyone.

Thanks for the questions Annie!

Cathy


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prayers Kathy! We are lucky that our men can cook! My dad loved his bologna sandwiches. If there was no bread, it was rolled in a tortilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be out of luck if I had to rely on TheHub's cooking, though he flat out know how to procure food, so I would not starve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers. Love that your hubby did the cooking. My husband did when we were first married but lost his touch early on. Any time he goes near the kitchen it's a disaster lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your answers in #1 sound delicious. I used to love bologna sandwiches. I don't remember any menus other than maybe a Sunday dinner. I think dinner at the table was always nice but not always easy to work out with the kids. I didn't play along today. Answers were not coming to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, the good ole days of dinner around the table every night - how rare that is for families now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like my mother before me, I never enjoyed cooking that much. It's hard to beat a simple bologna sandwich! Sometimes I take a page from my grandmother and make what she dubbed East Hampton spread: finely chopped bologna, hard-boiled egg, onion, pickle relish and mayo. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since retirement I’m starting to enjoy cooking some.

      Delete
  7. Oh yum, all those childhood favorites sound soooo good! It was always cereal for breakfast through the week for us, too, since Mom and Dad both worked. Mom would set everything out on the table and all I had to do was pour the cereal and get the milk and juice when I got up. Big breakfasts happened on Sundays or when we stayed at my grandmother's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything mom or dad made was always good unless it was liver. Yuck!

      Delete
  8. Love fried chicken. And chicken and dumplings. I love steak but I'm not very good at cooking it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These questions make me miss my childhood more than I already do. I loved my mom's chicken and dumplings, still one of my favorite things to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy