If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


Click here or here to link up with Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful 

**that it is starting to warm up some.
**for a good book I read last week called Long Way Gone by Charles Martin based on the story of the Prodigal Son.  So good I've started another by him called Where the River Ends.
**for The Lisa Harper, How Much More Bible Study.  It is so good to be learning how much God loves us and has from the beginning.  Even though I know it's true, its very good to be reminded again.  We have just one week left.  I can't believe it's almost over.
**for the good services we had Sunday.
**to be starting a staycation with hubby next Wednesday.  We were going to go away but have decided instead to take a few day trips in the area instead.

So what are you thankful for this week?  The link is above if you'd like to join in with us.

Cathy


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for that author recommendation! I need to try a book by him. I also love Lisa Harper! I got to meet her in Nashville at the Lifeway headquarters (when it was still there) several years ago and she is as much a delight as you can imagine and witness through her teaching and social media accounts. She's another favorite follow on Instagram and I've loved seeing her daughter grow up. I can't wait to hear about your staycation! That sounds like a fun time. I hope you have a wonderful day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know if I would like it, and it took me a bit to get into it, but then I was hooked to the end. I seldom read a book that fast, but I just couldn't put it down.

      I somehow found Lisa Harper on Instagram and watched her bring her daughter home and have been following her ever since. I highly recommend How Much More Bible Study

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any Lisa Harper; I will have to look into it. A staycation sounds nice, grin. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look her up on YouTube. She has a lot of messages out there from her travels to other churches, etc. She is really funny, and she really is a great teacher.

      Delete
  3. I love a good staycation!!!!
    I was wondering how that Lisa Harper bible study was - I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome Rebecca Jo. I have learned so much from her, plus she is really fun!

      Delete
  4. So much to be thankful for and enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day-trip staycations are always fun! Share your destinations with us, please!! Have a good weekend ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy