If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond  Click above to link up!
1. May Day! May Day!...last time you shouted for help? Or maybe just asked? The last time I asked for help was last week when I asked my sister to help me put together my hanging baskets for in front of the house.  Actually, she did them and I helped a little bit. lol  I think they are beautiful!


2. What's something you may do this month? Planning to have another get-together with the cousins.  Looking forward to that.

3. 'April showers bring May flowers'...is this true where you live? What's blooming? What's your favorite springtime blossom? Tulips, Magnolia bush and hopefully my lilacs soon will bloom soon.  Probably the lilacs because of their fragrance.

4. What's something you learned at your mother's knee? Probably most of what I know.  I did learn to sing alto by copying her in church.  I've always loved singing alto.

5. Share a thought about motherhood. The best and hardest thing I've ever done.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

6. Insert your own random thought here. Happy Mother's Day in Heaven Mom!



Cathy

19 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. Thank you for the many smiles. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You favor your mom : ) I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Your baskets are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty front porch! I used to sing alto, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly Blogger ... my comment just disappeared. Your porch is sure lovely with those baskets contrasting the black and white! I used to sing alto, too. (Not sure what you'd call it today ...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your baskets are lovely! I love that you learned to sing alto from you mom. That is a sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Mom had a beautiful alto voice...very smooth

      Delete
  6. Ahhh - that picture of you & your mom - that's so precious.
    Loving your hanging baskets too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the hanging baskets are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilacs. My favorite and we don't have them in Florida. That is a great picture of you and your mom. Mine is also in Heaven. Your hanging baskets are beautiful!! Nice to have a sister with a green thumb!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I sure miss mine and I'm sure you do too, but it thrills me to know she is in heaven.

      Delete
  9. Love your pretty baskets of flowers on your porch! So lovely!! Your sister must be more like my sister...the one with the green thumb! Oh, I sing alto also! I started out as a soprano when I was in high school, but just keep getting lower and lower as the years go by. Mainly, I just love to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord!" I love lilacs too, but we can't grow them here and they are greatly missed. Love the picture of you with your mother. You do take after her and she looks like such a sweet sweet woman. Yes, we are missing our mothers, especially at this time of the year. Mine will have been gone to heaven 16 years this coming May 7th, the day before Mother's Day. So hard to believe she's been gone that long already. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my sister is very talented. It’s almost 7 years that my mom has been gone. Happy Mother’s Day to you also

      Delete
  10. The baskets are very pretty. What fun to be able to get together with cousins. Lately the only time I'm seeing longtime friends and family is at funerals. It would be fun to get together for fun events!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hanging baskets. So pretty. A cousin get together sounds fun too. My mother in law has a "cousins lunch" once a month where my kids and my nephews and whoever else can make it comes. It's fun. My lilacs just started blooming. I'm an alto as well, but I didn't learn from my mom. I don't know if I ever heard her sing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy