If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Click above to link up with Joyce and the Hodgepodge.


1. Last time you drove more than 100 miles from your home?  We've taken several day trips this year and they've been around 100 miles give or take.  Where did you go? On one of our day trips we went to Richmond, KY to see the new Buc-ees and then as we headed back toward home we stopped and saw the Boonesborough Fort replica. 




2. Something that drives you batty? Mosquitoes.  I have been bitten so many times this year and I'm really not even outside that often (except for walking the dog at all times of the day or night).

3. Do you feel like you're 'on track'? Yes for some things anyway. For what? I feel like I'm doing pretty good at keeping up with my walking.  I try to get in at least 30 minutes every day.

4. Your favorite car snack(s)? 


photo from internet

photo from internet

photo from internet

5. Something you've done recently 'on the fly'?  I can't really think of anything specific.  Actually since I've retired, I feel like a lot of our life is on the fly.  We pretty decide what we're going to do for the day and go with it.  Of course, some days are planned in advance. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I believe I have shared this on my blog before, but when I saw it this morning I wanted to share it again.  I believe it is so important for us to realize how deep God's love is for us.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a really great day!

Cathy 


21 comments:

  1. Your random thought is anything but random. So much good truth there!

    Yes, being retired is great. Deciding what to do for the day and then going with it ... it's fun to make those plans together.

    And your travel snacks are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate mosquitoes too. Dynatraps have really been a lifesaver in our new house because they cover so much area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Dynatraps. I'll have to check them out.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying retirement. I love a good road trip. If we're not pressed for time we often stop wherever the historical markers are and see what we can see. My hubs is really interested in Civil War sites and also anything Native American and we do a lot of travel on the east coast highways so there is much to see. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day I want to travel all along the east coast.

      Delete
  4. Yes ! Mesquite are a pain but so are most insects. We had problems with knats earlier in the year but that too pasted. Have fun on your trips . I love day trip with little planning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day trips are nice. We need to do some. Mosquito's is a great answer. Good for you on the walking. I'm pushing myself each day to walk on the treadmill. Your snacks look yummy. We like peanut butter M&M's and I always take them in the car along with some protein bars and nuts. Love your random. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Gardettos! 'So impressed (envious, lol) by your spontaneity! Does little Lucy accompany y'all? Wonderful random. Who among us doesn't need that reassurance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, no Lucy doesn't travel with us. She is not a good rider in the car. She's just to hyper and nervous.

      Delete
  7. Such a powerful prayer from Ephesians. Mosquitoes would drive me batty, too. They are in full supply this year since we had a wet beginning to summer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too and now that I have it in picture form, I can keep going back and reading it over and over.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful thoughts at the end of your post. Thanks for sharing it! Yum to M&Ms and Gardettos!! Joyce gave us another fun and interesting Hodgepodge! I enjoyed my visit here! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and yes Joyce's questions were very fun and I've enjoyed reading everybody else's answers.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful quote from Ephesians. Love how it flows together in the NLT. Sounds like you've had some fun rides, etc., and yes, mosquitoes are one of my summer issues. Can't stay outside after the sun goes down for one minute or they'll find me. But, speaking of "batty", we do have a lot of bats who circle around over the pond and eat as many of those rascals as they can catch on the fly!! Oh, so glad you are doing so much walking. That is wonderful We've had to limit our walks lately because of either the thunderstorms or the heat/humidity. I'm missing our daily routine and need the walks!! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we're probably not near as hot and humid as your area is. But still, I have to walk early or I can't take it. Take care

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed your answers....My daughter and son in law lived in texas for 6 months and LOVED Buc-Cees...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my daughters live in Texas and my grandson loves Buc-ees.

      Delete
  11. Amen to your last point! I also feel like I tend to go with the flow most days, even though most of my major activities are planned at least to some degree. Does that even make sense?

    Oh, yeah, mosquitoes are so annoying. Thankfully I haven't been bitten by them that often this year so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand what you're saying. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy