If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


You can click here to link up with Thankful Thursday.

Today, I'm going to be thankful for one thing.  My husband.  Today is his 61st birthday (yes, I am 4 years older than him).  I am so blessed to have had him for another year and I pray there will be many more together.

Tracy is my husband, my best friend, my children's daddy, my grandson's grandfather and he's also my pastor.  He is the spiritual leader for our church and our home.  Tracy is one of the most patient person I have ever known.  He'd have to be to be able to live with me all these years.  

He's smart.  He was actually in college heading towards a career as a physicistHe loved and still loves all the science stuff and math.  He said he was sitting in a class and heard God asking what he was doing there and it wasn't long after that, that He knew God was calling him in a different direction, into the ministry in some way.  He started as a Minister of Music in his home church and then after we married he went to a different church and was Youth Minister and Music Minister.  Then about 26 years ago, he was called to the church we are at today as they Pastor.  

We met in the church where he was Music Minister and I joined his choir shortly after leaving my home church and starting to attend his.  About a year later we started dating and the rest is history.

He loves to travel (although, as we get older, we're not doing as much as we used to), he loves to tell stories and he's just a pretty awesome guy to be around.  He truly believes that God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth and therefore, we should listen a lot more than talk and he really lives that.  

He loves me and that makes me love him even more.  Thank you Tracy for being my husband and thank you God for giving us to each other.

Here he is with him mom.  Junis thanks for raising
such a wonderful son and then giving him to me.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband!! Hope you enjoy celebrating him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Tracy! I loved reading this back-story; I hope he gets to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. He knows I posted about him, but I don't know if he'll read it or not. Probably not unless I ask him too.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your sweetheart!! What a fun story about how you met! Wishing Tracy a blessed year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. Happy Birthday Tracy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy