If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Tuesday 4 - Autumn Trip

 

Autumn Trip

From Annie "Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we put 4 questions up each week for you to ponder and answer.  Then we hope you visit all the other participants too. so we can get to know one another better". Click here to link up.

Let's plan a lovely vacation through New England to see the Autumn leaves..  Money is no object and we have all the time we would like.

1. How many days and  nights would you like to be away? I've never been there, but I think for the first time, 2 weeks would be good.

2. What kind of car would you like to take on this trip? I enjoy traveling in a minivan. Maybe you would enjoy the train? Maybe if hubby did not have knee issues and boarding would be a nightmare.  Would you sail up the coast in a yacht? Probably not.

3. Would side trips be on your agenda? Perhaps to Mystic, Connecticut, Salem, Massachusetts, Plimouth, (yes, they spelled it with an "i" ) Massachusetts, Walden Pond, Lizzie Borden's home or maybe the home of  Emily Dickenson, etc. I think I would enjoy those.

4. Lobster roll, chowders, boiled dinners, brown bread, baked beans,  pancakes with real maple syrup, blueberry muffins, Parker House Rolls (well loved by Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow,  the Kennedy clan.), Toll House Cookies, Red Flannel Hash, Tourtiere  pork pie, (Recipe here)— what native foods catch your attention? Lobster Roll, chowders and boiled dinners.

From Annie:  "Here is a recipe  for the hash that I found a while back that might interest you."

   Red Flannel Hash

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained and chopped


2 cups chopped cooked corned beef

2-1/2 cups diced cooked potatoes

1 medium onion, chopped

1/4 cup half-and-half cream

2 tablespoons butter, melted

2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add all remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until lightly browned and heated through, 20 minutes.

Thanks for visiting. 

Cathy



 

18 comments:

  1. I think you would enjoy a cruise, Cathy. I didn't think I would and I loved it! The ships are also accessible for your husband with his bad knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went on 2 cruises back before we were married. But I imagine the ships have changed a lot in the last 35 years or so.

      Delete
  2. I wish I enjoyed traveling... It just gives me all the anxiety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does me sometimes too. But once we get where we're going and have spent a few days, I can really relax. That's why Myrtle Beach is so good for us, because we stay about 2 1/2 weeks, so I have plenty of time to enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Yes, you can see everything pretty much from your own vehicle, if you don't mind driving on winding steep roads. And traffic can be quite crowded during the "leaf peeping" season in New England. Make your reservations early! I don't think I'd like the cruise either...I prefer staying on dry land. You can still see everything along the coast from your own car, and get into all the little nooks and crannies along the coastal towns at your own pace. It's a beautiful area and well worth the time to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to leave right now ... provided someone else is doing the driving! Are you going to make that Red Flannel Hash? I have to run it by my hubs, but this sounds like something he'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't make the recipe, but it does look interesting.

      Delete
  5. We hope to take one more cruise. I love it! Thankfully, we don't get sick. Sorry your husband has knee issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the lobster, chowder, and boils!! Two weeks is about right, for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good chowder and as the temperatures start cooling more, I'm sure I'll get some to eat.

      Delete
  7. This would be a trip I would want to have the two weeks also. We always go south for vacation, so this would be my first time. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traveling by mini van sounds like a great plan for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way we usually travel and I totally enjoy it.

      Delete
  9. Everyone said 2 weeks. Now I am wanting a boiled dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy