If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, November 21, 2022

Bits of This and That

We had a nice, fairly quiet weekend.  We left Myrtle Beach about 5:00am Friday morning and arrived home about 5pm.  We unloaded some things and then headed to the kennel to pick up Lucy.  We came back home and unloaded the rest of the van, unpacked the things that needed to be for the night and then we relaxed and watched a Christmas movie and then to bed.

Lucy was so happy to be home and did not want to get too far away from me.  I love how her
little paws are crossed in this picture and yes, that is me she is laying on.  

Saturday, we finished unpacking and I did about 5 loads of laundry.  In the middle of all that we went to Chuy's for lunch and I ran in to Wal-mart to get a couple of things we needed.  That evening we had soup for dinner and again watched a couple of Christmas movies.

Sunday we were back to church and it was so good to see everyone again and worship together.  We picked up our grocery order after church and then picked up a quick lunch to take home.  We both took a much needed nap and then back to church for the evening Bible Study.  And back home to watch a couple of Christmas movies (one that I fell asleep in, but hubby filled me in on what I missed and I woke up in time to see the last 30 minutes or so.)  I've attached Sunday's Sermon below.



I hope you had a good weekend and thanks for visiting

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for being at home.....Lucy is in love!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I used to enjoy driving, but can't wrap my mind around being in a car that long. Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping pup? (I've one in my lap right now and the other melding onto my leg.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say I enjoy all the time, but it really wasn't that bad and we stop and take short breaks fairly often, and we split the driving between us.

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to go on vacation and always to get back home. (Most of the time anyway is what I mean by always)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we loved vacation, but I'm happy to be back home now!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got home safely!! I used to say I needed a vacation from vacation but yours was pretty relaxing (until you got home, anyway). Lucy looks SO content!! Happy Thanksgiving!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I am very happy to be back home. Hope you'll be feeling better real soon!

      Delete
  5. So glad you got home safely and that you have had a relaxing weekend. Lucy looks very content and thankful to be back home with her family. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was certainly a long day for you. I know Lucy is happy to be home. I'm enjoying the Christmas movies although between the 3 channels I won't be done watching all of them until after Christmas but I'm determined to record all of them. I do watch one each morning with my coffee. However, I must get started on Christmas in the house but I have no motivation right now!!! You are definitely keeping busy. I'm glad you had a nice trip and I love hearing about the time you spend with your husband. It's a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy