If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tuesday 4 - The Thanksgiving Feast

 Welcome, welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 .  You can link up here.

Let's talk about the Thanksgiving Feast.

1. Do you celebrate with family, friends or by yourself? We typically celebrate with family.  My sister and her husband, my other sister, hubby and I and his mom plan to have Thanksgiving lunch at Bob Evans this year.  We've done that several times and we always enjoy it.  No one has to cook and we can just be together and enjoy the time talking, eating and just enjoying each other's company. I miss the old days of going to his or my parents and having the girls there with us, but we've learned to be happy with getting the local ones together.  Of course, I imagine at some point we'll talk with the girls and grandson on that day too.

2.  Do you watch the Thanksgiving Day parade from Macy's in New York City? Usually at least a part of it.  The appearance of Santa at the end signals the start of the Christmas season.  What does the day hold for you?  Well, see #1 and then after that at some point we'll probably finish our Christmas decorating and watch some Christmas movies and maybe get some reading in.

3. What foods are the hit of Thanksgiving Day for you? Really, I'm not too picky.  It's just not about the food to me any more, it's about being together.

4.  We say grace before and after meals. Is grace a part of your Thanksgiving meal?  Before meals, yes and any other meal too!

Whatever your Thanksgiving traditions, I pray that the day is meaningful and filled with love for you whether with family, friends or alone. May God shine his blessing love down on you and yours and make us all truly thankful this year.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I like Bob Evans a lot, and would be tempted to do the same thing if there was one near us, but the closest one is more than 50 miles away. It's nice that you all don't have to cook and can just relax and enjoy being together. That is what Thanksgiving is all about...counting our blessings and enjoying the fellowship of those around us. Have a blessed and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is and I am very thankful for my friends and family.

      Delete
  2. You're so right, Cathy. It's never been about what's ON the table but rather, who's around it. I'd always rather go out for Thanksgiving, but clean-up's a small price to pay for being able to be with my son and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss those days of all being around a table together. We seldom had less than 18 people around the table at mom and dad's. But we make the best of what we can do and still have a great time.

      Delete
  3. One year we went out for Thanksgiving lunch because we were getting ready to fly to Hawaii the next morning. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  4. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to be going out to lunch on Thanksgiving. Enjoy!!! I love watching the parade but it seems like it's all about show tunes these days. I like them but it's not like the parade use to be back in the day. Yes, being together is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don’t like the parade as well as back in the day.

      Delete
  6. Many of us seem to miss our growing up years and the bigger family holiday events. Those were the days! I may actually watch the entire Macy's parade this year, with no one coming and no where to go. Sigh. This too will pass and I am feeling much, much better! I enjoyed your post!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri I am so glad you are feeling some better.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day! Have a great time and enjoy your food. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about #3. Wishing you a lovely Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Thanksgiving sounds nice. We did the restaurant thing once and it was definitely a more relaxed day for the women. I wouldn't mind doing it again, but I would just settle for nobody being sick and all of us being together. We haven't managed it since before COVID. I guess I'm pouting just a wee bit this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry. I hope your daughter will be better very soon.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy