If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve - Retirement Anniversary

December 31, 2021 I retired from work after being employed for 45 years.  Today is my 1 year anniversary and I have loved being retired as I have said on here many times. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year.   Now, onto year 2 of retirement.  I'm excited to see what will happen.

This year, I completed the Chronological Read the Bible in a Year on the YouVersion App. I love this App and would recommend it to anyone reading the Bible and looking for an app so you can read it on your phone.  Some days I read it myself and some days I read along with the audio version.  I recommend this app and this Reading Plan. 


For 2023, my plan was to spend the year in the New Testament.  Then I heard about what Annie F. Downs is doing.  She is planning to spend the year in the four gospels and is each month reading all 4 of them in different versions.  She is reading them on a podcast and that podcast will post each day.  She says if you read 3 chapters each day, you will complete the four in a month.  I'm committing to January and see how it goes.  She is using the NIV version for January.


My 2022 Reading Goal was to read 50 books and I finished my 50th book on Tuesday night.  I'm planning to make the same goal again for 2023.

Tonight hubby and I are just staying in.  We went to Red Lobster for lunch and then to the grocery.  We took a nap and I made some potato soup for supper.  We're watching TV and doing laundry and just having a typical Saturday night at home.  Exciting right? lol  But I'm happy and it will be great to have the laundry done to start the year out.

I'm hoping our 2023 will be a great year.  But no matter what I'm trusting God to be with us each step of the way.  Just like He was this year.

Happy New Year to all.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. LOL... I did laundry today, too! I will wake up to the new year. Not staying up to watch it come in. I don't know how many books I read last year. Maybe I can tell from Good Reads but I don't keep track. Good for you making your goal!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy keeping track of my books and so far Goodreads is about the best way I've found to do it. I know it doesn't matter, but I like knowing it. I'll be so glad to go into the new year with laundry done. lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on meeting your 50-book goal! I'm so glad you mentioned the YouVersion App last year. I'm sure enjoying having this resource at my fingertips! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 year of retirement and Happy 2023. Thank you for your suggestions. How wonderful that you have been doing that reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Cathy! I hope to do more reading this year. I read the whole Bible in Chronological order a few years ago. I plan to focus on specific topics and use them with my Bible journaling. Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I hope you have a good day.

      Delete
  5. I read the Bible chronologically in 2022 as well! And I'd also decided to only do the New Testament in 2023 to switch things up, but I'm journaling through it all using the HEAR method- highlight, explain, apply and respond in prayer. I'm excited to start today! I'm doing it five days a week and using the weekends to catch up or to reflect on the week. I can't wait to start today! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I did too and mine was just as low key as yours! Those are the best, in my humble opinion. I hope you have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the HEAR method. Hope you love it and maybe expound some about it on your blog. I agree, the quiet ones are very good.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy