If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 I'm so thankful for:

**Health - I visited my surgeon for a 6 month follow-up from the outpatient surgery I had where they removed some abnormal cells/cyst from the area of my mastectomy.  At the time, they said it was not cancer, but took no changes and removed it.  On Tuesday, she told me she took my case before the tumor board and it was decided that there were no cancer cells, but that it was pre-malignant.  Everything looks fine, and I have my annual mammogram scheduled already. What I did learn from this, is that I need to keep vigilant on checking myself.  I'm the one that asked the nurse practitioner to check that place and she decided to do a biopsy right there in the office.  It came back abnormal so the surgeon wanted to see me.  In that visit she decided to remove and scheduled me for surgery.  However, she also stated she never would have done a biopsy on the bump if she had been the one doing my annual exam.  Tuesday, she told me she was very glad that she did remove it and guess, what so am I.  But if I had never said anything, it would have been missed and I might have cancer again right now.  So I'm very thankful God nudged me and had me say something that day.  So, remember, if you ever notice something changed, mention it to you doctor.  I know I will.

**Scripture - I'm so thankful for the verse below that reminds me to let God transform me into the person he wants me to be my changing the way I think.  And also I know that Gods will for me is "good and pleasing and perfect."


There are many other things I'm thankful for, but I'll stop here for now. What are you thankful for this week?  You can link up here or here, if you'd like to join in for Thankful Thursday.


Cathy

7 comments:

  1. That was a big thing to be thankful for, and definitely a good lesson for all of us! If something doesn't seem right, get it checked out. Don't put it off!! Great news that all is well...but oh, what if you hadn't noticed? Praise God He directed you to it in time. Our God is an awesome God, amen? Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord that you were proactive!! Yes, we have to be our own best advocate all the time. Good for you and all who love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a huge blessing and answer to prayer on this Thankful Thursday! Praising the Lord with you. I am curious....how long has it been since your surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Cathy! Praise God for His hand of protection on your life and for the wisdom He gave you. I had no idea of this, and I can only imagine how thankful you are to be on this side of things today. I am with you, though- we often have to be our own advocate when it comes to doctors and visits. I had to learn that the hard way about eight years ago. Thank you for sharing part of your story with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy