If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 16, 2023

Bits of This and That

We had another fairly quiet weekend. It was cold, but no rain and beautiful blue skies. We went to lunch on Saturday with his mom.  After we dropped her off back home, we stopped at Aldi's and I picked up a few things.  Came home and I did laundry and took a short nap and then took a walk with Lucy.  Saw a hawk perched on a utility cable wire.  It was beautiful, but I didn't get a very good picture that day.

If you look real close you can see him sitting
on the wire in the middle of the photo.


There's Lucy by the mailbox.

On Sunday we had church and hubby preached another in his Unexpected Graces Series from the book of Ruth.  I'll have it posted below.  Sunday afternoon, Lucy and I took another good walk and saw another (or maybe the same) hawk.  I got a little better pictures then.

Here he is from the back

Front view

He's beautiful and pretty big.

Below is hubby's pre-recorded Sunday morning sermon.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bird, but I still have misgivings about them any time our girls are outside. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Lucy is never out unless on a leash as we don't have a fenced yard. And when I see a hawk I pull her in closer to me hoping they won't swoop down because their afraid of me.

      Delete
  2. Most hawks are pretty, we're having one sit on a street light post across the street. He sure makes a pretty sight up there against a pretty blue sky. The thing is, I'm afraid to let my little brown chi out because I'm afraid the hawk will swoop down and get him. He looks like an oversized rat anyway. lol His name is Buddy Boy but sometimes I call him my little rat dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny Mary. I definitely pull my dog in closer when we get near him.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bird! Those blue skies look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful hawk!! They really are majestic looking and you got some great photos! We have a new Aldi's going in a couple of miles from my home and I'm looking forward to it. Our first Aldi is about 10 miles north so I've only been a couple of times. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, powerful bird. Wonder if he/she has a nest nearby? Looks pretty content just balanced on the wire.
    I had lunch with a dear friend today and she was feeling very low after a relationship she had just begun fell apart. Your husband's statement that even in the most confusing moments, God is at work in us, through us and around us struck home. I need to remind Lorena that we may not understand why things happen but there is a reason. And often times that reason becomes clear down the road.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy