If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Hooray for Hollywood

Back so soon?  Well, weeks fly by it seems. Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo it's first host and founder. Link up here.


How about the subject of Hollywood, it's 'stars', its products and it's affect on the world?


1.  Which of the big movie stars of the past were your favorites? why?  I enjoyed Doris Day in the comedies she was in like Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson.  No reason why, other than I just enjoyed them.  I also loved the musicals, like Singing in the Rain with Debbie Reynolds and Gene Kelly.  


2. Of the 'Blockbusters', which do you think is the all time greatest? Which was one you would see again?  I really have no idea, but I think Gone with the Wind was a pretty good one.


3.  Are you up on the latest Hollywood gossip? What interests you or alternatively why doesn't it interest you? No, I'm not up to date on most of it.  I really don't go to the movies any more.  I wait until I can find them streaming somewhere.


4.  Some movies, plays had a big impact on people.  Orson Welles radio performance of War of the Worlds caused havoc including suicides and accidents.   Is there a movie that you were greatly influenced or affected by?  Not that I can think of right off hand.  I just watch movies for enjoyment mostly.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


12 comments:

  1. Pillow Talk was such a fun film! We've not been to the movie theater in 4-5 years, but now that may all change. I'm dying to see Tom Hanks' new flick, "A Man Called Otto"... it sounds wholesome and funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved going to the theater to see movies, but I haven't been in quite awhile myself. Everyone seems to be liking that movie and I do like to see Tom Hanks acting.

      Delete
  2. A lot of us chose Gone With The Wind!! The old movies really are the best movies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a movie in the theater in years. We watch whatever we want when it comes on TV, but even then, there aren't very many that I care to see of the modern movies. I love the old classics. I liked Doris Day too. She was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was and she had a beautiful voice too.

      Delete
  4. The movie that influenced me(and family) was Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (1969). We all still quote it after all these years!!
    I think GWTW was excellent. I like phantom of the Opera too. We used to go out every Friday for a movie....not any more.

    Great answers Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved going to the movies but don't do it much any more.

      Delete
  5. You certainly save a lot of money by waiting til you can watch new releases at home. We used to go to the movies every Friday. But these days we'd have to take out a signature loan to that!! We did see A Man Called Otto with Tom Hanks (based on the book A Man Called Ove) and it was very good. Worth the money.
    I haven't watched a lot of classic movies. But Gone With the Wind is a goodie. And Saving Private Ryan never fails to move me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was an old Doris Day movie on this week but I didn't have time to watch it. I always love her carefree style....all the time with great looking hair! heehee! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy