If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday 9 - My Funny Valentine

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1953)  

Link up here.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)  This is a drawing my sister did many years ago.  It's one of my favorites.



I have several other paintings of hers and I also have some of my daughter's paintings, but this was the closest to me when I first read this question.

2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair? Hopefully in the next week or two as I really need a trim.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional? Dress pants and some type of nice top.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until the widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent? Nothing secret.

5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs. My first job was in a gift shop at the amusement park, Kings Island.  

This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday? Nope.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear? Tracy, my husband.

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent? It would have been all the ones I sent Christmas cards to.

9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies? Not to eat.  But I think they are fun to read and give.  In fact, I was looking for them in the store yesterday as I was thinking of giving a small box to each person at church tomorrow.  Couldn't find them.  May have to look somewhere else today.

Well that's it for today.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good day.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful drawing! I wish I could paint or draw. That is awesome. Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your job at the amusement park sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun answers! I love your squirrel drawing from your sister. Talented!! Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love squirrels. Your sister's certainly talented! Ihope y'all enjoy a sweet Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely picture. I have a painting of a squirrel here somewhere that came with me from my parents' house when we married. It is in a closet somewhere. I should pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and show it to us. That would be great.

      Delete
  6. I found little boxes of the valentine heart candies at the Dollar General store. Do you have one near you? You might check there. They aren't the original Brach's candies or whatever kind they were, but they do come in little individual boxes and are basically the same thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture is great! Squirrels are our mascot for our crafting group. We all chase the squirrel in us when we craft. Our minds and crafts are scattered here and there as we collect. I hope you find them. I was at Target yesterday and a lot of the Valentine things were already sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go back out last night, so I didn't get to do it. But that's okay. I love that your group has the squirrel as a mascot. How fun!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy