If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Share 4 Somethings - February



I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness for Share 4 Somethings.  The prompts are things we loved, read, learned and ate in February.

Loved:  I have loved the new crochet group I'm part of.  I'm enjoying crocheting again, but mostly I'm enjoying spending time with and getting to know these friends.  So much fun talking, laughing, and crocheting together.

Read:  I've read 5 books in February and currently I'm in the middle of a 6th book and hope to finish it before the end of the month. If you're curious about what I've read you can check my Good Reads link in the right sidebar. I'm in the middle of another one and still have 1 or 2 in the wings ready to read.

I've also been reading the 4 Gospels along with Annie F. Downs.  This month we're reading the Gospels in the ESV version.  I've never read this version much, but I'm really liking it.  

Learned:  I learned that I didn't really realize how much we depend on our garage door opener.  It quit working right a couple weeks ago and only worked intermittently, so we never knew if we'd be able to get in the garage or not.  So Monday hubby decided to call a company we've used before and they sent a guy out that afternoon and we now have a new opener and that makes me very happy.

Ate:  We went out for our anniversary and that was definitely the best meal I've eaten in awhile.  We went to Texas Roadhouse and I had the Dallas Filet and it was the most tender steak and great flavor.  Also, had a salad and baked potato and their rolls are to die for with the cinnamon butter.  Yum!!

Well that's my 4 Somethings for February.  You can link up here if you'd enjoy writing a Share Something post.  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good weekend.

Cathy

17 comments:

  1. Being with in-person groups again is so nice, isn't it? Glad you're enjoying the camaraderie of your crochet group. The ESV is one of my favorite translations for studying. Oh, those rolls at Texas Roadhouse are delicious! You have me craving them now. :) Congrats on your anniversary. Visiting from Share 4 Somethings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa and thanks for visiting and commenting. I love meeting new friends. Hope you have a great weekend,

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I'll check out your good reads, Cathy. I'm glad your new crochet group is going well. ~Lisa, S4S#8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried the Dallas Filet bu Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter is soooo good! I like your Good Reads link in the sidebar and may try to add that to my own. (TRY being the operative word, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty easy to add. Hope you can get it.

      Delete
  4. Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter is probably the main reason I go there! LOL. I mean the rest of their food is good too but I love their rolls and butter. Glad you got the garage door fixed; we lose power enough that I have learned how much I love my garage door opener and hate when it's not working.. especially if it's rainy or snowy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of books and I always wish I was more of a reader. Glad you got your garage opener fixed so quickly. That is definitely one of those things that we get so use to until they don't work properly. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always read this much, but I'm trying to read more. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. A Crochet group sounds amazing! I love to read as well and have read quite a bit this month. I hope you have a great weekend. Visiting from Share Four Somethings. https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2023/02/share-four-somethings-february-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it a lot. Thanks for visiting and I checked yours out too.

      Delete
  7. Glad you're enjoying your crochet group - it sounds like a great group! I just love Texas Roadhouse! Haven't been there for awhile though. Texas Roadhouse was the caterer for my son's wedding about two years ago and they did a great job. Happy Weekend! Visiting from SFS#10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy crocheting again and I love the ladies that have gotten me back to it.

      Delete
  8. OHHH you are so lucky to have a garage! smiles. Wishing you a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Our last house was a carport and that's not bad, but I love our garage. Have a great week Linda!

      Delete
  9. Happiest anniversary wishes!! Glad you enjoyed a yummy meal! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog lately...and for your encouraging comments! I look forward to catching up....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy