If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 

Link up here.

Things I am thankful for this week:

**Beautiful skies and sunsets

  

**Another anniversary - 34 years together with my husband. I feel God blessed me so much by giving me this man.  I think hubby would say the same about me.  Thank you God for letting us meet each other and love each other.  Again, what a blessing.

**Scripture - I am enjoying reading the 4 Gospels along with Annie F, Downs.  In January we read from the NIV version and this month we are reading from the ESV version.  I'm noticing things that I don't remember seeing before.  I just want to know more about Jesus and where better to learn than in the Gospels.

**Ruth Series of Unexpected Grace in our Sunday morning sermons at Church.  Ruth is such a short book, but it is stuffed full of good stuff.

**Reading - I have read about 11 books so far this year and I'm currently reading another good one and I have several in the wings waiting.

**Crocheting - I'm really liking crocheting again and I am so thankful for the ladies that started a group and invited me too.  First of all, I'm loving getting to know them.  I'm so thankful for new friends.

**Journaling/Coloring Bible - I am still enjoying this so much.  This is the one I'm currently working on.  I am so thankful for the grace of Jesus and I can't imagine surviving in this world without His grace.

**New Garage Door Opener - Our old opener was having problems.  It only worked intermittently.  Hubby called a company we have used once before.  The guy came out Monday and several options were give and hubby decided we'd be better to get a new one.  We've had this one for a long time and trying to fix it would have cost almost as much as just putting in a new one.  You don't realize how much you use something until it isn't working any more.  So thankful to have it working again and it's much quieter too.

**Revival - I'm so thankful for the revival at Asbury and the outpouring of the Spirit.  It's so encouraging and I hope lives will be changed for everyone there and then that they will testify and share to all they know and that the Spirit will change many more lives through them.

That is all for today and I hope you have a great day and thanks for visiting!

Cathy


16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all of your thankfulness today. Yes, the Revival in Asbury gives us hope for the rest of the country. Praying that God is pouring out His Spirit on our nation as a Great Awakening before Christ's return, which I pray is soon. God is at work in our midst and we are so thankful to see it happening. So happy for your new garage door opener! I think I told you before how much I wish we had a garage door opener for our front door, since we don't have a garage! LOL. Fumbling with keys with our hands full of groceries, etc., sometimes in the pouring rain...no fun. Garage door openers make life so much easier! Happy for you to have one!! Sounds like retirement is agreeing with you and you are enjoying many new activities and making new friends, etc. That is a blessing in itself!! Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wish you could get an opener for your door and maybe a cover for your porch to help keep you dry. Stay well and have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary! I have been listening to the Annie Downs podcast based on your recommendation and it is good to listen to it being read with the different translations. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are enjoying the Gospels too. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. A coloring Bible?!! Let me understand this better...with each page, we can color the passage in the margin?! I would like that very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not a picture on every page, but there are many, many pictures and on the pages without a picture there is a column of lines for you to write notes or whatever you want about what you are reading. I bought mine on Amazon and love it. It is an Inspire Bible Large Print NLT.

      Delete
  4. Hurray for Asbury! So glad y'all opted for a new garage door opener. I don't know from experience but have heard someone can be seriously injured or even killed by the spring mechanism thingie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I am glad you are enjoying your Bible journaling. Several of my friends have that Bible. I have the one with no margins. Yes, great about Asbury! We had a great worship night at church. Looking forward to the Lord's return in His time. Lots of craziness going on, but God is still in control Maranatha! Have a great weekend Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree, God is always in control! Hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  6. amazing marriage anniversary. It is always beautiful to celebrate with those who are celebrating, and to that effect, I want to wish you more peaceful and beautiful marriage days, months, and years with your husband. God bless you.
    New post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/muzen-otr-portable-retro-fm-radio.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great list of thankfuls. The Asbury Revival has blessed me and I didn't even attend. Just seeing God work in the lives of so many people lifted my heart and soul. I really enjoy Bible time with friends or a family member, it's good to have someone to discuss it with. I always learn or see something new when I read. I think God opens up our minds to certain things at certain times. He's awesome that way. :) Happy Anniversary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the Bible and learning things each time. I guess that's what is meant by saying the Bible is alive. The Spirit uses it to teach us all the time if we will just listen.

      Delete
  8. The sunrises and sunsets have been absolutely gorgeous lately! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Thirty-four years is really something to celebrate! I have one of those Bibles. I've done a little bit, but not much. I guess my hangup is the translation. I wish they'd make it in ESV or NASB. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! I'm glad you're back. I've missed you.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy