If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
Click above to link up.

 

1. What do you find is the most boring part of your life at the moment? Doctor's appointments...well especially the waiting part.

2. February 22nd is George Washington's birthday. You'll find his face on the US $1 bill. What's the last thing you bought for roughly $1.00? (.94 €/ .83 £) 
Anything purchased at the Dollar Tree (however they are no long just a dollar)  and the same with McDonald's drinks being a dollar.  They just raised the price in our area this year.

3. Is it ever okay to tell a 'little white lie'? Explain. No, I don't think it is okay.  I really don't believe in God's economy that there are little and big sins.  All sins are wrong and sin causes separation between us and God.  However, if you're planning a surprise party or playing along with the Easter Bunny and Santa...I believe that's different.

4. What's the last thing you 'chopped'? Cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries, a bowl of cherries, cherry vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, a cherry lifesaver...your favorite cherry flavored something? Bing cherries are the only cherries that I really like and I do not like most cherry flavored foods, candies, etc. and I do not want a cherry on my sundaes.  Actually the only time I like a maraschino cherry is in the Waldorf (apple salad) my mom used to make.  Actually, I missed the chocolate covered cherries...I do like certain ones of those (Esther Price!)

5. Describe yourself with three words using your first, middle, and last initials.
Chatty
Likeable
Sociable 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Love this face!!!!  Stole this from my daughter’s FB page.



Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a huge ice cream cone!!! I wonder if he ate the whole thing? LOL. I agree with you about cherries. I do like a cherry pie made with the real tart cherries...not the sweet gooey kind in a can. Yes, it's sad that even the Dollar Tree is no longer just a dollar. Although on the little white lie issue, I agree with you, but then again, if someone asked me if I like their new dress or hairdo or something of that nature, and I really don't like it, but I would most likely never tell them I don't like it. I would try to be as diplomatic as possible without hurting their feelings. LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his daddy helped him out some. lol I know what you mean about the lie thing.

      Delete
  2. I don't care for cherry flavoring in foods because it tastes too much like cough syrup to me lol. I do love real cherries though. That ice cream cone looks good! He's growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I've always thought it tasted like medicine. Yours are growing up fast too...but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be.

      Delete
  3. How can that be Colton?! Cathy, he's growing up so fast! I understand why, but it still makes me a little sad The Dollar Tree's now $1.25 Tree. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...time is passing so swiftly.

      Delete
  4. We've had so many doctor's appointments lately! Between that and the dentist... lot's of waiting. We love the Dollar Tree. That's one of my and Beth's favorite stores. That is some ice cream cone, wow! Your grandson seems to be a little overwhelmed. Was he able to eat the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! A huge cone of ice cream/custard! There is hardly anything for a dollar anymore.. :( Have a Blessed Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a big ice cream cone - I'd make that face too! LOL Yes, waiting at the doctor's office can definitely be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy, it's probably good that doctor visits are boring. It's scary when they get exciting or things are bad enough that they don't make you wait. That ice cream cone is going to be like the leaning tower of Pisa unless he eats it quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went with doctor's appointments too! I agree with you on the Easter Bunny and Santa. I too only like a fresh cherry. Love you description for your initials. Wow, that is some ice cream cone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers last week. I'm very late getting around to commenting. I do not like maraschino cherries. I call them "fake" cherries...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy