If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. We're in to a season students call 'spring break'. Did you/your family travel over spring breaks when you were growing up? Tell us something about a 'spring break' you remember (from childhood or adulthood, either one). I really don't recall ever going on vacation for spring break when growing up.  If we were traveling, it was usually during Christmas break.  

2. Last thing you broke? Was it a big deal? I broke the glass screen protector on my old phone and it wasn't a big deal really.  Especially now it's not a big deal because we just got new phones.

3. March 7th is National Cereal Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite? If not cereal what's your favorite breakfast? Your typical breakfast? I do love cereal.  As for favorites, all the really sugary ones and therefore I probably only have them maybe once or twice a month usually.  My typical breakfast is some type of breakfast sandwich from a restaurant and a diet Coke.  Yeah, I know, real healthy.  Honestly though I just eat the meat and the egg and at most half of whatever kind of bread it's on.

4. Break ground, break of dawn, break down, break the bank, break one's stride, break the ice, break a law, break a habit, break bread...choose one of the idioms listed and tell us how it applies to your life currently. Break down - as we speak my van is in the shop having some kind of bearing replaced and we just picked up hubby's van after having an oil like repaired.  Pick one up and drop the other off...Ain't that the way of it!  lol

5. Where do you go to connect with friends and family? Church is a good place to be with my friends.  For family, sometimes we meet at a restaurant.   What do you like to do most when you're home alone? Read or watch TV, but it is rare that I'm home alone.

6. Insert your own random thought here. Hubby and I got new phones as our old ones were starting to have some glitches...mostly mine wouldn't stay charged for even a day and I do not like to have to worry about taking a charger with me.  Also, I wanted one with the new, improved camera.  We got iPhone 14 ProMax.  So far, I'm pretty happy with it and I think hubby is too.

I was standing in the drive up by our house
 and this is in the neighbor's yard across
the street.  I'm pleased with the zoom effect.
  Isn't he pretty?

She actually looked at me so I could take 
her picture.  I think the colors are a lot 
better on this camera.

I like these sky shots too.


I definitely need to watch some YouTube videos to learn how to use this camera.  But I like what I've seen so far.

The Hodgepodge button at the top with take you to the link up.  Have a great day.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. Hope both your vehicles are soon back on the road ok. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, we didn't do spring breaks. Yes, glass screens can break so easily. I keep a thick holder around my phone and I also have the thin screen savers that go over the screens. I agree, meat and eggs and only part of the bread. Sorry about the vans. Like your answers for #5 on where to connect with people. Enjoyed all of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the sugary cereals too - one of my weaknesses. Sorry you've had vehicle troubles lately. It does seem to happen in waves. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is finished and we should be getting the 2nd one today. All is good (just a little more costly than we hoped. lol).

      Delete
  4. Great photos! My new phone takes better shots than my old one, too I haven't tried to zoom or video options yet. Another fun Hodgepodge!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a fun one. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  5. Our daughter in law's I-phone takes the best photos. You'll get the hang of it. It's quite a bother when the vehicles act up. Hope all goes well with repairs! That's a cute photo of your dog! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen and I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  6. Fingers crosssed on your vans' issues! You're right, it's always something. Lovin' that picture of Lucy. Lucy is the name of the nurse who took good care of me today -- but I can't say she was as cute as your little girl. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you always make me laugh and I love to laugh. Hope all went well with your surgery.

      Delete
  7. I have that same phone too. Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have an iPhone 5. I just get a new battery when it starts needing to be recharged all the time. But I wouldn't mind getting an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Car trouble. Ugh!! I hope you got your repairs done and didn't 'break the bank' . Easy to do when it comes to car repair!! My phone is a few generations old now and the newer cameras are so much better. I can't justify getting one yet as this one is still working well. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy