If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Hello.  I'm running rather behind today.  I think I'm just a little worn out from the whirlwind that the weekend was.  But it was wonderful and worth being tired today.

It started on Thursday when I flew out of Cincinnati into Houston, Texas.  My daughter and her husband arrived there from Tampa about 30 minutes before me.  We left from there to pick up the rental car.  There were a few glitches in that process but it all worked out in the end and we had a really nice ride for the weekend.  And even better than that, I didn't have to drive any at all.  I just sat in the back relaxed and visiting and didn't have to worry about a thing.  I could get used to that really quickly. lol

We had a super nice Airbnb Rental House.  You could see the ocean from the north side of our deck.  Every morning I went out here and sat for a short time.  As you can see it's straight in the path of the sun and it could get really hot really quickly, but early as I went it wasn't bad and I totally enjoyed it.



If you look really hard you can see the ocean in this picture.  lol

The Rehearsal and Dinner were Friday evening and it was so nice to actually see the wedding venue.  It really was beautiful and totally fit my daughter's style.  I think she was in 7th heaven.  Below are some pictures of the rehearsal.

Mama and daughters on the "stage" where
the wedding vows were spoken,

This picture was in the same place but shows the beautiful beach behind it.

It was so hot and my hair wouldn't do a thing, so I just pulled it
 back with combs and went with it,

Kelli and Rafael...let me tell you these 2 treated me like a queen the
whole weekend.

My new son-in-law and I having a good talk.  I really love this guy and
they are so good together.

Kelli and Rafael and her best friend Angela and her husband, Steve.

Kerri and her new mother-in-law, Donna

Sisters

Hubby could not make the trip so Kelli's hubby walked
 her down the aisle.

My grandson Colton

Colton and his cousin practicing.

Colton and one of the flower girls.  So cute.  He was playing shy
 quite often over the weekend.


Beautiful bride and beautiful dress.


So these are about the only pictures I took that came out okay.  I can't wait to see the photographer's photos.  Suffice it to say, it was a beautiful wedding and the bride and groom are now married happily ever after.

====================================================

Below is the final pre-recorded sermon in the "Mission Church" Series.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Your Kelli is stunning! Wow.
    Among my least favorite things is dealing with rental car sales people, but I'm glad it all worked out. And you didn't have to do the driving! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful time...and a safe trip. And how nice to be treated like a queen all weekend!:) Congratulations to the pretty bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad all the travel went okay and congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter made a beautiful bride!! Looks like a gorgeous day for the rehearsal and the wedding! I hope you can share some of the professional photos when you get them!! It is so great that you got to be there! Rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and that you were treated like a queen! I know you enjoyed every second. I hate that your husband couldn't go! I am sure everyone missed him and that he hated not being there. I am always like you when I return from a trip- the next day I like to stay home and catch up on sleep/house things. Congratulations on the new son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing them. Your daughter was a beautiful bride. How awesome that you got to be with Colton. So glad you were able to go and were treated like a queen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful wedding with a lovely happy bride and groom! You all look so wonderful, even if it was HOT! So very happy for all of you. I know you are thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy